Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.3 and SAPv3 in Comand APS NTG2

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module
admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.3 and SAPv3 in Comand APS NTG2

Post by admin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 am

The SAP adater asks for the SIM Access Profile channel number and get's a proper answer. But it does not open a connection. Strange...

It seems there is a second device that is establishing a connection with your phone. It's name seems to be "Pebble BB25" (the watch?). It does a lot of strange things, like ask for profile with ID 0x00000000decafadedecadeafdecacafe (a developer of the device might know what goes wrong...) and a lot of low level errors. Maybe this devices causes the troubles?

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:48 am

Seriously? Uh...

Yes, I have the Pebble watch connected to the phone as well. I never thought this could be the culprit as it worked with 4.2.

I will deinstall the pebble app, unpair the watch and try again... Update this evening then after work.

Thank you very much for analyzing the logs.

Best regards,
Quentin

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Update: Nope, still the same behaviour as before. I send you new files via PM.

Best regards,
Quentin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:58 pm

So it wasn't the Pebble... The log looks the same: a lot of invalid HCI commands, then the query for the SIM access profile and disconnect. I don't know what the SAP adapter doesn't like about the reply. Maybe it helps to do a full reset on the SAP adapter?

Did you install the 4.2 replacement bluetooth.default.so? If yes, please uninstall. Maybe the invalid HCI commands are caused by the lib.

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi.

No, I reinstalled the whole Android 4.3 (new nightly) and didn't replace the lib. And I always do the "full reset" on the car as with the clean install of Android, they have to be paired from scratch. But this process is the one that fails.

Now I am not sure what I can do further...

Best regards,
Quentin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:01 am

Can you still reproduce that it works with Android 4.2? Did you use CM10.1 or stock 4.2? Did you check stock 4.3?

The strange thing is that the communication between SAP and phone looks good, but simply ends gracefully, i.e. the SAP module requests the disconnect. Maybe there is some difference in the whole communication sequence, but I must confess that I do not fully understand all this low-level Bluetooth stuff.

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi.

I can try. Let me backup all my data first and revert back to a clean 4.2 installation. I will produce a log from this try as well so we can compare before with after.

I used CM10.1(.2) before. I will now go to the freshly released 10.1.3 RC1 (4.2) and retry.

Best regards,
Quentin

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:10 am

Update:

Clean install of CM 10.1.3 RC1 (latest Android 4.2 CM image), just install RSAP installer, RSAP APP, BT Phonebook and HCI Logger. Connect to car: works perfect and immediatly.

Clean install of CM 10.2 latest nightly (latest Android 4.3 CM image), just install RSAP installer, RSAP APP, BT Phonebook and HCI Logger. Connect to car: fails as before.

I PMed you the links to the logs.

Best regards,
Quentin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm at my wits end. This must be some problem in the low level Bluetooth stuff. My app gets active as soon as the SAP module opens the channel assigned to the SAP profile, but it doesn't, and I don't understand why. It gets the channel number, so it should work. Maybe it's something in the pairing process?

You should file a bug with CyanogenMod, but I don't know if the HCI logs will be sufficient to find the problem.

Can you make a final test with the official Google 4.3 firmware? This should show if it is a CyanogenMod or a general 4.3 bug.

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Just an update here: I gave up, too. Maybe it's something with 4.3 bringing BTLE and Galaxy Nexus having a BT4 compatible chip that never supported BT4 on Software Side. I don't know. It does not matter, yesterday my Nexus 5 arrived. New game, new challenge.

As you do not have a forum for that yet, a small update:
- installing it on Nexus 5 works
- my car now is able to pair it and to recognize rSAP is working
- but still fails... it connects to the phone, rSAP is notifying that it gave away control to SIM to my car and I can see the Nexus 5 booked out of mobile network - but the car does not show any reception and finally cancels again. But I am pretty sure, this is just an incompatibility of Android 4.4 (which rSAP is not yet made working with) with rSAP and is just a matter of time, where it might work... at least the problems now are not on the bluetooth side :)

Best regards,
Quentin

P.S.: Is there anywhere a donate button?

Return to “Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module”