SAPv2 and Mediatek 6575 phones

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module
jss

SAPv2 and Mediatek 6575 phones

Post by jss » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello,

I have a Mercedes SAP v2 adapter which worked perfectly for many years with my Siemens S65 mobile.

One year ago I bought a ZOPO 100 dual-sim (I need dual-sim), with MTK6575 chipset and I've been struggling ever since to make it work with my SAP.

After trying many roms, I now have the XPeria S user interface made by Revo: http://diendan.hkphone.com.vn/forum.php ... &tid=60740

but I also had the Samsung GS4: http://diendan.hkphone.com.vn/forum.php ... a=page%3D1

Both of them have natively the setting for "Remote SIM Mode" on the bluetooth advance settings, and let you choose which SIM you want to use for this, SIM1 or SIM2.

Despite of this, I've never been able to pair it natively. In fact, when I press the star at the SAPv2, it identifies the phone and proceeds as described on the manual for pairing but, when a pin requested was supposed to show-up on the phone, it just plays the downwards tone "not compatible".

If I try to install the rSap application, it says the phone is not compatible, no matter I try the Samsung (with the Samsung rom on the phone), the XPeriaS with the correspondent rom, or even the HTC which I also tried.

By the way, the phone doesn't have a /system/app/bluetooth.apk. There's a MtkBt.apk though.

I read somewhere that the Acer Liquid Galant Duo uses MTK 6575 and supports SAP, which gives me a slight hope to be able to make this work.

I am fairly agile with IT's and programming (mostly 'C') but I confess Android to be out of my league, although I move easealy in Linux.

So, can anybody help me pair this MTK6575 with my SAPv2 or do you think there's no hope?

@admin: if you think this topic should be elsewhere, please move it.

Thank you in advance,
jss

admin
Site Admin

Re: SAPv2 and Mediatek 6575 phones

Post by admin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:40 am

The Mediatek phones have a completely different Bluetooth stack than the Samsung, HTC, ... phones. I don't know if it is possible to create a HCI log somehow, this would help to find out what goes wrong.

As far as I understand these phones have a built-in SIM access profile. But without a device in my hand this is all guessing.

jss

Post by jss » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:57 pm

admin wrote:The Mediatek phones have a completely different Bluetooth stack than the Samsung, HTC, ... phones. I don't know if it is possible to create a HCI log somehow, this would help to find out what goes wrong.

As far as I understand these phones have a built-in SIM access profile. But without a device in my hand this is all guessing.
Hello, thank you for replying.

Please forgive the length of this post; I wanted to give as much information as I can, to avoid wasting your time.

To corroborate your thoughts, I looked into MtkBt.apk (the equivalent of bluetooth.apk, I guess) with an hex viewer and I saw strings "Remote SIM Mode" and related.

Sometime ago, I questioned MediaTek about the SAP support of the Mtk files and they replied (!) that the sources are made by the phone manufacturers and so they wouldn't know, which I really find hard to believe because it would be a big coincidence having tenths of manufacturers giving the exact same name to the files, apart from the prefix being "Mtk".

As I said before, I have a dual-sim MT6575 Zopo ZP100 with a 4.04 rom emulating the UI of the Xperia S got from here:
http://diendan.hkphone.com.vn/forum.php ... a=page%3D1

Which, apart from the SAP issue, works very well in all aspects.

Then, I found this thread that leads me to believe that the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo supports SAP: http://www.modaco.com/topic/358384-phon ... try2049281

This thread also states that this phone supports SAP:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compar ... /7833,7437

So, I got the rom contents of this phone and started experimenting replacing what I believe to be the relevant files:

/system/app/MtkBt.apk and /system/bin/mtkbt.

/system/app/MtkBt.odex doesn't exist on the rom I've got, which might be a problem for the tests, I guess; I don't know enough about the dalkiv mechanism to state this for sure. Anyway, I renamed the original .odex file to not interfere.

I did, of course, correct owner:group, permissions and always did a wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache after replacing. I wonder if /system/lib/mtk-ril.so is also relevant?

I believe the following files are also relevant but they were the same between the rom I have and the Acer version:

libbluetoothdrv.so, libbluetoothem_mtk.so, libbluetooth_mtk.so

Here is what I found:

1. Replacing only MtkBt.apk, has the consequence of hiding the bluetooth advance settings menu, where the "Remote SIM Mode" is; would this be because of the lack of the odex file?
Replacing both files shows the same result.

2. Replacing just /system/bin/mtkbt, the phone finds the "MB Phone", which is th SAPv2 device, after we press the star at the SAPv2, which might be a clue that things are better than with my Xperia S rom, which doesn't show it.

Anyway, the rest of the behaviour is as the Xperia S rom, meaning, after pressing the star switch at the SAPv2, it finds the phone and presents it on the redial list, together with the 16 digit password to be entered at the phone, which never asks for it. After some seconds I hear the descending error tone and the SAPv2 gives up.

The HCI logger doesn't work, at least there's nothing in /sdcard/rsap, although I can see a lot of references on the log to com.android_rsap.logger; so I'm sending by PM two logcat logs, the first being with my Xperia S rom and the second with the Acer file mtkbt replaced. They have just two references to "SIMAP_JNI".

Thank you in advance for your time and any help you can give me. Please ask for any additional information you eventually need.

Best regards,
Jose

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:33 pm

I already took a quick look on a MTK6577 ROM, only to find out that it is completely different to the popular Samsung, HTC or Google ROMs. The Bluetooth stack is completely different. I'm sure I cannot make it work without a device in my hand, and currently I don't have any time left.

jss

Post by jss » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Thank you for your time though.

Return to “Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module”