SII (GT-I9100) and Android 4.1.2, no connection to SAP V3

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module
Chrisi001

SII (GT-I9100) and Android 4.1.2, no connection to SAP V3

Post by Chrisi001 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi,

I'm using a SAP V3 cradle from MB, it worked fine with my old Nokia 6300. Since over one year I'm using a Samsung SII without success to connect it with the SAP V3.

As I'm currently using Android 4.1.2, buildnummer JZO54K.I9100XWLSD.
I downloaded the rsap-install.zip for the Android 4.1.x version without rooting, installed it on the SII, downloaded the rsap trial app -> no connection.

After reading in the forum I downloaded and installed SIMResetPlugin.apk, still no connection to the SAP V3 cradle.

When searching the phone via the SAP V3 cradle an SMS apears, but alsways with the code 00001111. Usually there should be a SMS with an 16 digit number which you have to call via the MB Comand System and then the phone connects via the SAP V3 cradle.

Maybe I did some thing wrong, would be great if the admin or somebody here in the forum can help.

P.S. I tried yesterday with the new Samsung S4 from my son and it worked immediately (16 digit code, call, connect!).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

admin
Site Admin

Re: SII (GT-I9100) and Android 4.1.2, no connection to SAP V

Post by admin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:39 pm

The S II should happily connect without my app. If not, there is probably something wrong with Bluetooth in general. Can you pair your phone with another Bluetooth device (e.g. notebook)? Did you remember to set the phone Bluetooth visible?

Chrisi001

Post by Chrisi001 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Dear Admin,

Yes, I can pair the phone with other bluetooth devices such as a notebook. It even pairs with the MB Comand System direct via normal bluetooth function (Hands Free Profile) and is working without problems. It even transfers the phonebook contacts without problems.

I just wanted to connect it via the SAP V3 module in order to utilize the use of the car antenna for better signal and the sleep mode in the rSAP mode of the Phone which extend battery time.

According to my info I also thought that the SII in this version with Android 4.1.2 should work with rSAP without your app but it don't :(

Do you have any idea what causes this connection problem with the SAP V3 module? It seems that the module somehow dedect the phone because the Comand shows an incoming SMS from the phone, the only problem is that instead of the 16 digit code I alsways get 00001111 and therefore I'm not able to pair the phone with the SAP V3 module.

Is there a way to check what's wrong with the bluetooth function of my phone (I think the problems are caused by the SII)?

I would appreciate if you could give me some hint how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Chris

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:48 pm

I re-read your first post: the zip installation doesn't work for the S3, you have to root it. Please uninstall my rSAP app! It will not work without properly installed system files, although this should not affect pairing.

A quick Google search for "Mercedes SAP 00001111" shows that you are not the only one... It must be some error code. Is it documented somewhere?

The pairing process is done by the Android system. The car only queries the service discovery up to the point where Bluetooth PIN entry is done. This is a basic procedure done at every pairing with another device, that's why I asked if you can pair with any other device. Either the Samsung rSAP or my app will surely offer a valid service discovery record, so I don't understand why the pairing fails. Maybe it helps to do a factory reset on the SAP module?

Chrisi001

Post by Chrisi001 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi,

I have a S2 not an S3 as you mentioned. I understood out of your info here in the forum that rooting with the SII and Android 4.1.2 is not necessary, should work with the zip file or I'm wrong?

I'm already through all the following:
- SAP V3 module factory reset
- Mercedes Comand factory reset
- Galaxy SII factory reset

all this didn't work......

Would it help to make a log file and send it to you?

regards,
Chris

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Everything before the Bluetooth PIN entry is done by the Android system. My app or Samsung only have to make sure the rSAP service is properly registered. So logs won't help, you don't even get this far. The only thing that might help is a HCI log, but this requires root...

You may try to install my app, although I don't think it will make a difference. If there is an influence on Bluetooth pairing it would simply help to install it even without the system files, but I understood you already tried that.

I still think there is something basically wrong. Do you set the phone permanently Bluetooth visible? I remember this caused problems for someone, try to set it visible for a limited time only. I read somewhere that someone mentioned that he ignored the 00001111 SMS and used the next one. Is that possible somehow? Did you find out what 00001111 means? Maybe ask a Mercedes technician?

Chrisi001

Post by Chrisi001 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Yes, my mobile is permanent visible for all other bluetooth devices.

00001111 is the only code coming via SMS, if I try again, the same code comes, so no way to try the next.
MB has no glue if 00001111 is an error code.

I think I will give up and use the normal HFP bluetooth connectivity without the SAP V3 module which is working fine.

Thanks.

Chris

Chrisi001

Post by Chrisi001 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Do you think it will work if I root my ohone and use your app?

I always thougth that the SII with Android 4.1.2 has rsap without any app or rooting.
If I understud your homepage then with the SII and Android 4.1.x also your zip file should work or did I mix thinks now?

Chris

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 am

There is no difference between the zip installation and the installer installation after rooting. Since you already tested my app with the zip installation there is no need to root your phone. Sorry that I thought you had an S3, this caused some confusion.

It comes as no surprise that Mercedes doesn't know their own devices :(

I still think you have a basic Bluetooth problem. Did you try to set the phone temporarily visible?

Return to “Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module”