Best Phone

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module
satking

Best Phone

Post by satking » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:07 pm

I have the Mercedes-Benz BT Sap V2 and would like to know which is the best Android phone to work with the unit,I have read various forums but would like to know people that have the phone working 100 %.

Manu_FR

Re: Best Phone

Post by Manu_FR » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello,
I've got a CLK car of 2007 with a Comand NTG2 system and Bluetooth SAP V2 Cradle : B6 787 6128
My phone is a French HTC DESIRE with original 2.2 Android ROM (Build 2.29.405.5) rooted.
And it doesn't work for me with the last version of rSAP 0.8.1 and last library. My comand detect the phone but don't succeed to connect with my phone.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Do you have any error message on the rSAP screen, apart from "SDP record fix failed"? Can you send me a log from a connection attempt? A HCI log would help but I'm quite sure it will not work with the HTC stock ROM. Please send log to my 'admin' e-mail account.

Scotch_Whisky

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi,

I also have the Mercedes V2 SAP module. My HTC Desire running Cyanogenmod v7 is working perfectly. It is working so well I have just bought the paid version.

Regards
HTC Desire running Cyanogen v7.0.3
Mercedes SAP V2

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi.

I have a A Class Mercedes (W169) with Comand APS NTG2 navigation system / telephony. I bought the "SAP V3" BT Dongle from Mercedes. And til now I didn't succeed.

The pairing worked even before I found this great tool. But connection did not work, I got the "failed" sound.

Now I installed your tool (HTC Desire, latest Cyanogenmod 7.0.3) - the only change so far is: the sound is now "success". But the Android BT setting screen still says "paired. not connected.". And the Comand APS is waiting for the phone to connect. And nothing happens anymore.

If you like, I will create and provide log files from your application. For the beginning I am working with the trial - but if it finally would work, I would give away the money with pleasure. Because the BT module cost a hell of money and finally I found out it does not implement any HFP and requires definitely a rSAP capable phone, which officially Android isn't yet :(

Best regards,
Quentin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi

a log will surely help to find out what is happening. Please start a "main" log before trying to connect. Let it run for some minutes while it seems to be busy then stop it. You'll find the resulting file in folder ".rsap" on the SD card. Please send it to my e-mail admin (at) android-rsap (dot) com.

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 am

Hi.

I created both log files this morning. It looks like the connection works and then is cancelled again - and then it starts over. Like a loop. Since this morning also the trial says that it ran out - hope this is not affecting the logging/testing.

I could see on the HTC Desire for maybe a second how it showed the "no network" icon appeared. I think this should've been the point where the car took over control on the SIM. But one second later I get again full 3G connectivity on the phone and the car says "waiting for the telephone".

I mailed you the files packed into a rsap.zip as attachment. BTW: I am german, if you prefer that as communication language ;)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Quentin

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Update from my side:

- connection works, telephoning is no problem.
- but: address book transmission does not work :(
I've mailed some logfiles. I already used "contacts2sim" to have my online address book in my SIM card. But yet no single number is transmitted. :(

Comand APS NTG2 / SAP V3 + HTC Desire @ CM7.0.3

Best regards,
Quentin

sorenkris

Post by sorenkris » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi Quentin,
Any success ? I have the exact same setup and same behaviour.
Using the LeeDrOid 3.0.8.2 ROM contacts on Sim card is transferred but I would like to use
the CyanogenMod ROM.

Best regards
Soren

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi Soren.

Nope, sorry - I had to give away my car for 3 weeks to get my rust issue fixed. And I am a bit under fire in a project at work - so I did not continue on that issue.

But good point, I try to get a new log and send to the admin here.

As far as I understood, this could be a problem of my car's audio system (Mercedes Comand APS NTG2 and SAP v3 BT module). According to my old log files I sent to admin, he said he sees a correct transfer of my whole address book up to the car - but still, my radio states its address book is empty. He gave the advice to check my SIM card address book entries if they have any special things - like special characters or something else that could "break my car". In the meanwhile I downloaded two tools: one to transfer my address book to SIM card - and one to edit the entries on the SIM card. I've gone through the whole SIM card address book and edited each entry by hand - I removed any special characters or other things. Still, no success.

I am not sure, but this could be (and I certainly think so) a problem not related to the ROM. So not sure if your cross-update from Lee to CM7 will break your work.

Nevertheless, I will recheck all my SIM entries today and try to catch a new log file in the next days and ask the admin for help to see if he can find any culprit. The connection itself works great - telephony works as expected. Only the transfer of that damn address book fails and gets me a bit mad - as (what its main purpose is) I do not remind most of the numbers and I always have to look up on my phone manually and then dial by entering the number by hand on the car control to call someone. And of course I do not recognize incoming callers :(

Best regards,
Quentin

Return to “Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module”