Information about Mercedes-Benz SAP module

Discussions about rSAP and general Bluetooth compatibility of the Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth SAP telephone module
admin
Site Admin

Information about Mercedes-Benz SAP module

Post by admin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 am

Remote SIM Access

Both SAP modules (V2 and V3) work with my rSAP app.

Samsung phones seem to have a bug that sometimes the SIM mode changes before rSAP can access the SIM card, which leads to a connection abort. This plugin should fix the issue:
SIMResetPlugin.apk
Plugin for MB SAP module
md5: 5e6d94fcc1c21cff6d6c4760fa9040b6
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Phonebook

The SAP V2 only supports the transfer of the SIM phonebook via rSAP.

The SAP V3 additionally supports the Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP). It first tries to reads the SIM contacts via PBAP, which is not supported by standard Android PBAP implementation and returns an error. The SAP V3 stops phonebook transfer after receiving the error return.

Samsung phones usually support the SIM phonebook via PBAP and should not have this problem (maybe others...),

My phonebook app returns an empty SIM phonebook instead of an error. This also fixes the issue.

joesy

Re: Information about Mercedes-Benz SAP module

Post by joesy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm

@admin
Danke für das SIMReset-Plugin.

Ich habe das Plugin mit dem SII (FW 4.1.2) erfolgreich mit der rSAP Trial (V2.2) getestet.

Mit der Vollversion (V2.2.1) habe ich jetzt das Problem, dass nach Starten der rSAP Anwendung, ein Fehler des SIMReset-Plugins erscheint (SIMReset Plugin angehalten). Diese Fehlermeldung erscheint mehrmals. Danach wird rSAP beendet.

Nach Deinstallation des Plugins startet rSAP ohne Fehler. Ist eventuell die SIMReset-Plugin Funktionalität in der neuen Version enthalten?

Update:
Das SIMReset-Plugin ist wohl nicht enthalten. Heute morgen hatte ich jetzt mit der Vollversion die bekannten Probleme. Die neue rSAP Version 2.2.1 verträgt sich anscheinend nicht mit dem SIMReset Plugin.

Joesy

PS: SMS-Plugin funktioniert

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:25 am

Sorry, ich habe beim Erstellen der "Release" APK einen Fehler gemacht. Ich habe die Datei im ersten Post aktualisiert.
--
Sorry, I made a mistake when building the release apk. I updated the file in the first post.

joesy

Post by joesy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Danke für die schnelle Antwort.

Das geänderte Plugin wird jetzt ohne Fehler geladen und erscheint jetzt unter den Einstellungen.

Ich werde nachher testen, ob die Verbindung problemlos aufgebaut wird.

Joesy

joesy

Post by joesy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 am

@admin
Ich habe jetzt rSap in Verbindung mit dem SimReset Plugin mehrere Wochen in Einsatz. Ich bin sehr zufrieden. Endlich funktioniert dem SAP V2 Adapter in Verbindung mit dem Galaxy SII problemlos.

Vielen Dank
joesy

coupe70

Post by coupe70 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:12 am

Hi!I have a Mercedes A 150 with Audio 20 cd headunit,wit bluetooth.Before I had a Nokia E 72,I used it without any problem.Now I have a Samsung galaxy S3 mini,with Android Jelly bean.Is it possible to use it with bluetooth?The phone is brand new,not rooted!Can somebody explain to me,step by step how to pair my phone?I tried to download rSAP from here to the phone,but its said:something is wrong,check this website again.Please help me if it is possible to pair and use my galaxy!Thanks:Laszlo Hungary.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:02 pm

You didn't mention a SAP adapter. If you don't have one you don't need rSAP.

Your phone should work with any common Bluetooth kit. Just read your car's manual ;)

NekiMaily

Post by NekiMaily » Wed May 07, 2014 11:01 am

Hi!
I have a W169 MB (with APS 50) and a SAPv2 adapter. I want to buy an LG G2 phone, so made a test. The phone connected to the car, we were able to start/receive calls, but the phonebook items didn't get through, not after we copied some to the SIM.
Have you any idea and/or experience about this combination? Is this situation 'normal', or should the pb-transfer go?
In the first case, could your apps help?
Thanks!
NM

NekiMaily

Post by NekiMaily » Wed May 07, 2014 11:04 am

Ps. I tried the connection with an S3 and an S4, it worked well with that phones, names from sim could be seen, select/call, etc.
NM.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 08, 2014 5:56 pm

As far as I know the SIM contacts are transferred using rSAP. When making phone calls works, SIM contacts should also work. Maybe the SIM card has issues?

Return to “Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module”