It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung GT-S7710 connection problem

Discussions about rSAP installation

Samsung GT-S7710 connection problem

Post by noogi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Hallo and welcome!

I have a problem with connection of my Samsung X-cover2 (GT-S7710) with my car bluetooth VW premium module (5N0 035 730 A).
Only reason that I buy this phone was full compatibility with r-sap application but something must be wrong with configuration.
Phone was rooted according to this manual: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... 889&page=5 with success.
Then I checked trial r-sap app with success - phone connect with car and phone book works also..

I removed trial application an buy full version and phone can't connect with car until I restart main application (uncheck and check 'rSAP Active') or make again Install/Update System Files in rSAP Installation App (v2.4.3) - after that it works good.
I choose Standard rSAP Installation in Installation APP.

From the car perspective:
Very long time "connection.." on car dashboard, then "initializing.." and finally "cant connect..."
From the phone:
Bluetooth State - connected
SIM State - SIM access
but network state looks normal not like disconnected from network - this happens sometimes, not always.

What do I wrong, something missed?

Sincerely
Noogi
Last edited by noogi on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Samsung GT-S7710 connection problem

Post by admin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:21 pm

If you post logs here anybody can see them (not only the NSA)! Please send logs to my mail address admin at ...

Your SIM card shows a strange behavior. Maybe it's possible to fix the problems with my "Force GSM" plugin. I'll mail it to you if you don't mind.

Post by noogi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Thank You!

Ill send You another log - connection car-device was possible without restarting application but after manual reconnecting from dashboard - in the beginning was "connecting".... "initializing"... "cant connect".
My phone is in GSM only mode to save battery from the beginning.

Post by admin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Does it work better when you set the phone to 3G?

Post by noogi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:39 pm

No difference with 3G connection enabled.
Unchecking and checking again "rSAP Active" mostly works - on my last try, after checking, car connects in less than 10 seconds (like my NOKIA E52)

ps. I can test in may phone any plugin You send ;)..

best regards

Post by admin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:12 pm

The problem is that your SIM card does not work properly. It doesn't accept USIM/3G mode which is the root cause of the troubles. The VW Premium tries to switch to GSM mode, but this doesn't work as smooth as it should. It seems to take some time until the SIM card gives good answers after a reset. Depending on how long the card has it's problems it sometimes works, sometimes not. Sometimes the VW Premium remembers that it's no use to ask the card for USIM mode, I guess this is when the connection works. But the next time it tries USIM again which again starts the problems.

Do you have another SIM card to test with? Is it a very old SIM card?

Post by noogi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:27 pm

It looks You are right!
I took my wifes old Orange prepaid SIM card and my phone connects without a problem (every time).
I have got almost 2 years old SIM card - in compare to my wife SIM (almost 14 years old) is quite new ;).
Is there any remedy to crappy work of my SIM card except replace? (SIM belongs to my company where I work)

This old card I checked is for sure not a USIM card, I think that every new card will be an USIM.
Maybe it is possible to make some 'reactivate' feature if connection will fail in defined time?

best regards

Post by admin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:19 pm

I'd try to replace the SIM card. I guess after 2 years you will get a different card. It's not possible to tell in advance if a card works or not, only some cards don't work in some phones.

Post by noogi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:31 pm

So only cure is the 'replace SIM and pray'..? ;)

Best Regards

Post by admin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Yes... Simply ask the provider for a new card.

Next

Return to Installation