It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

What if I want to step back

Discussions about rSAP installation

What if I want to step back

Post by stratocumuls » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Hello,

Reading all the post and the RSAP description I see that I need to root my HTC.

What if i want to go back to an unrooted status of my phone?

Is it possible to come back to current status or when it's rooted, it's rooted, no way to go back?

Reason of my question is that nowhere I see what are the risks associated to rooted phones? e.g. still possible to ass other app for the market...

thanks for clarifications

Strat

Re: What if I want to step back

Post by admin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:52 pm

With HTC phones it is always possible to unroot when you flash an RUU.
With Samsung phones you can use Odin to flash an unrooted stock ROM.
Perhaps it is a good idea to note the original software version before flashing a custom ROM so you can restore exactly that version.

Because I did not find this simple explanation anywhere: the only thing "rooting" does in the first place is to install the "Superuser" app! For most phones (except S-ON HTC devices) this is enough to install and run rSAP.

Some (most?) rooting tools additionally install Busybox and a custom recovery software. The second is needed for S-ON HTC phones to install the rSAP system files.

Post by Nubie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 pm

My question is, whether I can go back to an unrooted state of even S-On after installing rSap? Do I need root only for installation or for running the App?

Thanks for clarifying.

More specific: there are tools for temporary root like TacoRoot. Is it possible to root with Tacoroot, install rSap, and unroot the device again, after rSap is installed?

Post by admin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Currently you need root to install and run rSAP. It may be possible to change it to run without root rights, but I currently don't plan to do so.

For installing you need at least write access to the system partition. This is usually not possible with "temp root" on S-ON phones.

Return to Installation