Installed the trial version

I get:
Bluetooth state
Not connected
SDP record not fixed

SIM State
Normal Phone Operation

My phone connects normally in the car - as it always has

but no indication of that in the rSAP app and no indication of anything happening with the phonebook - am I missing something? Do I need to edit my phonebook or create a file for the SIM phonebook somewhere?

Thank You.

Rick

Re: rSAP on EVO 4G

Post by admin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:49 pm

First of all, your car kit must support rSAP. Some support rSAP and HFP (= Handsfree Protocol), perhaps you have to switch to rSAP somewhere. E.g. with VW Premium phones you can switch between "Premium" and normal mode.

If you "only" have phonebook problems, rSAP will most probably not help you. Perhaps this will help: viewforum.php?f=33

Post by stu1021 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:08 am

Well, the Argos Ver2 phone unit that I have installed says that it is Bluetooth 1.2
and that it is compatible with Handsfree, Headset, Object Exchange, and PBAP

But their tech support told me that the phone book function in my 2002 Mercedes requires SAP and that the Argos unit just passes the phonebook information on to the handsfree system in car. There is no permanent memory in the system and it is supposed to read the first 85 numbers from the SIM card each time the phone syncs.

I though perhaps then that my problem was that I have no SIM card in the EVO and I needed to figure out how to simulate the SIM contacts on the phone (or SD card). I saw your post about that in the forum and replied there as well.

Rick

Post by admin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:23 pm

It sounds strange that you want to simulate SIM contacts. I guess there is no app for that. I'd rather try to get PBAP to work.

Return to Installation