It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Does not remember configuration and paring

Discussions about rSAP installation

Does not remember configuration and paring

Post by ps_dk » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 that I have connected to my Passat with an RNS510.
It worked out of the box until I upgraded to Android 4.

To get it working again I rooted my phone with the LPQ kernel and installed your product (the paid version).
This made it work again. Thanks.

But I have run into a big problem. It loses the paring each time I stop the car. This results in a paring sequence each time I enter the car where I have to enter the 16 digit paring code every time. This is a bit of a pain.

Additionally have I noticed that the rSAP does not remember the configuration settings. I have tried to activate the logging but each time I have restarted the phone is the log settings cleared.

Do you have any Idea about what’s wrong?

Secondly.
Is there any updates on the phonebook issues?. It looks like it is only possible to download the phonebook from the SIM card. In earlier posts have you talked about modifying the rSAP program to get the address book from the address book in the phone.

Looking forward to your answer.

Regards Peter

Re: Does not remember configuration and paring

Post by admin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 pm

For the first problem try to remove all pairing data from car and phone and redo pairing. The log option does not "survive" a reboot. The HCI option will not work at all with your ROM. You need the hcidump tool for it to work. If you like you can download it here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=248#p1051. If you manage to install it please create a log of a connect with the extra pin entry before you remove the pairing. Perhaps I can understand why it happens.

For the second problem I don't have a solution, yet. If my modified Bluetooth.apk does not help, your car possibly supports IrMC instead of PBAP. What year is your car/Premium kit? IrMC is not supported by Android. My planned plugin that simulates the phone contacts as SIM contacts will take some more time, rather months than weeks.

Post by ps_dk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 am

Hi

Thanks for your quick answer.

I have already tried to remove all old parings from the car configuration and made a new "clean" one. That did not help.

The Car Radio/Phone system is a RNS510 but I do not know if there is a special name for the Bluetooth device behind the RNS510. I will see if I can get some information about it.

I will try to download the hcitool and see if I can get it working. I will return later´with this info.

Regarding the phonebook.
Looking forward to your implementation of the SIM simulator. It sounds like an interesting solution.

Post by ps_dk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi again

I think I have found the solution for my problem.

It was the phonebook.apk that needed to be updated. I found a post where it was duscussed that it could be updated manually.

I found it in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221&p=885&hilit=phonebook+replace#p885

After the update was it necessary to clean the paring configuration in the car and let it find it again. hereafter has the cat been recognized automatically

So the solution was for me was (in summary) :
1. Root my phone
2. Install the rSAP installation kit
3. Buy and install the rSAP program
4. update the phonebook.apk using the above link

Could it be an idea to integrate the four steps into a single installation kit.
This would be much easier to get it working.

Regards
Peter

Return to Installation