Installing SU on Galaxy S2 ICS?

Discussions about rSAP installation
Stumpie

Installing SU on Galaxy S2 ICS?

Post by Stumpie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:02 am

Hi all,

Last week I took delivery of my new VW Passat with Premium bluetooth and the RNS315 nav system. It doesn't work as expected so I'd like to install the Bluetooth update. If you're interested in a full account of my experiences here, please let me know and I'll open a new thread to describe it.

Regarding my question: I'm hesitant towards rooting my phone with the common methods involving new kernels and what not. But if I read this and this correctly, I should be able to install Superuser through the stock recovery on my Galaxy S2 i9100 running the stock ICS. Before I try and possibly render my phone useless in the process: can anyone confirm this works?

Thanks,

Stumpie

admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing SU on Galaxy S2 ICS?

Post by admin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Yes it is. That's how I found the solution for rSAP installation without root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1501719.

It is a two step process: by "installing" the CWM.zip you simply start a temporary ClockworkMod Recovery. This does not change anything permanently on your phone!

Using the ClockworkMod Recovery you can easily install the standard Superuser.zip or SuperSU.zip.

It would work in one step, but you'd need a slightly modified Superuser/SuperSU.zip. The standard versions do not work with the Galaxy S2 stock recovery.

Stumpie

Re: Installing SU on Galaxy S2 ICS?

Post by Stumpie » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:59 am

I can confirm this works just fine. Installing SU went smoothly. The bluetooth update works as promised! Now *all* my contacts are synced to the RNS315 phonebook.

Thanks for this! Now I can try to make rSap work.

Stumpie

Return to “Installation”