It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Failed to connect Desire S with Mercedes bluetooth v2

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire S

Failed to connect Desire S with Mercedes bluetooth v2

Post by Nubie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:55 am

I tried to connect my Desire S with Mercedes Blutooth SAP v2.

My older Noikia E52 worked fine with rSAP protocoll, but I failed to connect my Desire S. I am running a Pre-rooted version of HTC Sense, S-OFF is set. As a matter of interest, the insallation program did NOT ask to install BusyBox, it just did not show the button for ist. Maybe it was already installed with the prerooted system.

I attached a couple od logs from my trials, maybe this helps with locating the problem.

Re: Failed to connect Desire S with Mercedes bluetooth v2

Post by admin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:12 pm

First, I deleted the log files. Although I did not find anything private in them this time, please don't post log files in the forum! They may contain phone numbers, SMS, ... Send log files to my email address admin (at) ... or click on the mail icon to the left of my posts!

In the logs there was no rSAP communication visible, all else looks fine. Perhaps you did not properly pair your phone with the SAP module?

I'll have to update the installation instructions... BusyBox is no longer necessary for installation, although it is still useful for other purposes.

Post by Nubie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks for help.

if I understand correctly the pairing is done before the rSAP protocoll starts? Any chance that pairing fails because the rSAP does not work on either side?

This will be still part of the original Bluetooth implementation, or from your rSAP implementation, and can you see any information why the paiting failed?

Nubie

BTW: I tried to mail the logfiles using the board mail function, but got the message that my user does not have authorization to do so. I checked the logfiles berfore posting for any personal information. As far as I could tell there was nothing relevant.

Post by admin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Usually the car checks for expected services before even starting the pairing procedure. E.g. older VW Premiums don't "see" the phone if rSAP is not available. So if you could pair your phone with the car, the car found at least some useful service.

Perhaps you did not do any pairing at all? You have to make your phone visible and then probably trigger something in the car. Pairing with rSAP usually involves entering a 16-digit pin.

Pairing is done somewhere deep inside Android and is not visible in "main" or "radio" logs. HCI logs show the pairing but they are sadly not available on "Sense" based ROMs.

I also did not find anything personal in your logs. I only saw that someone else already downloaded them :roll: I hope this was you...

Post by Nubie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:49 pm

The procedure to pair a phone with the car is overly complicated.

(FWiW: http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktion/A ... tId=624347. This manual is for the blutooth cradle v1, but the procedure is mostly identical.)

I followed the procedure how to pair the SAP v2 with the phone. The car detects the phone all right, and displays a key. However, according to the manual the phone is then supposed to ask me for the key, which it does not. The car does not seem to connect to the phone for pairing anymore.

I tried vice versa to search for the car with the phone, the phone displays the car, asks for a key for the pairing, I put in the key which the car displayed, but no success either.

Post by admin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:08 am

If the phone does not ask for the pin automatically, is there perhaps a notification in the status bar?
Sometimes it helps to remove all pairing information from car and phone and start all over again. But frankly I could not find how to remove pairing info in the SAP manual :roll: Perhaps it loses all settings if you remove it?

Return to HTC Desire S