It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:44 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

HTC Desire S and the Skoda Columbus system

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire S

HTC Desire S and the Skoda Columbus system

Post by chiz » Sat May 07, 2011 1:50 am

I am just one of these people that uses all the techy stuff and enjoys it, never really taking the time to work out how they work. I have spent the last two years in a seamless relationship with my HTC touch pro and the Columbus Skoda system.Admittedly I did have to download some NET files to do this.

I have now updated to the desire S and cannot get it to link with the Skoda Columbus system. Admittedly this app has allowed a pairing but not to use the phone as it should be used.

Does anybody have any ideas that will make this work, please.

Re: HTC Desire S and the Skoda Columbus system

Post by admin » Sat May 07, 2011 11:31 am

Could you root your Desire S? rSAP app is properly installed, including system files, and it does not show any error message?

Post by chiz » Sat May 07, 2011 2:52 pm

No the app says in red rSAP system files not installed properly. But the phone has now paired with the car. It did not do that before I downloaded the rSAP app.

Does this help?

Post by admin » Sat May 07, 2011 11:01 pm

After installation of the app the SIM Access Profile will be recognized by the car but it will not work until you properly install the system files. And you need root to install them.

Post by chiz » Sun May 08, 2011 2:00 am

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. You will have to excuse my ignorance what does "root" mean.

Post by admin » Sun May 08, 2011 9:27 am

"Root" means basically to get the right to run and install any software you like on your phone, like e.g. rSAP. This is usually not possible on a newly bought phone.

Browse the internet for information why or how you may root your phone, the advantages and disadvantages. It's a too big topic for this forum.

Post by chiz » Mon May 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Thank you for that. I am wading my way through the sites looking for a proven root for the desire S no luck as yet.

Post by admin » Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm

For the Desire S the "XTC Clip" might help. You only have to find someone who has one, because it is quite expensive.

Post by chiz » Wed May 11, 2011 12:37 am

Yep had a wee look and it appears to be the only way forward at this time. Anybody out there in the North of the country got an XTC clip I could borrow for ten minutes?

Post by chiz » Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 pm

I think that I have found a company that can XTC clip my phone and make it S-off £15.00. I will send it when I get it confirmed that the Desire S can be done. What do you think I will need to do then to get Rsap to work? Any thoughts?

Next

Return to HTC Desire S