It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:35 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

HTC Desire S and the Skoda Columbus system

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire S

Re: HTC Desire S and the Skoda Columbus system

Post by admin » Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 am

I'm not sure but I guess you need to root it after S-OFF and install a custom recovery, if that's not already done by the guy with the XTC clip. Then you should be able to install the system files and the trial version and see if it works. And tell me about the result!

Post by chiz » Wed May 25, 2011 11:22 pm

I now have my phone back and it is rooted and soff. You have to excuse me as I am a complete neubie here and will have to be talked through the next bit. I have reloaded the the rsap app and I still have the red writing "system files not installed properly" I cannot see how I move the Downloaded rsap.zip file to the sd card? I have tried everything that seems obvious. Can anyone help.

Post by admin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 am

Download the zip file from http://www.android-rsap.com/component/c ... files.html and copy it to the SD card e.g. via USB when connected to a PC.

Then either use "ROM Manager" (free version is sufficient) and the "install ROM" function to install the zip file or boot into recovery mode manually by holding some key combination while powering the phone on (Google for the combination for Desire S). Then you should get some menu with the option to install a zip file.

Check http://www.android-rsap.com/installation.html for more details.

Post by damian35 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 am

Hi,

I think I am in a similar position here.

My Desire S is S-off and I (think) I've rooted with Gingerbreak. I've not installed any custom ROM as I am hoping Gingerbreak has created the root exploit.

I've got the zip file onto the SD but when I try to install it (via the boot in recovery mode) the package fails at the verification stage and I get an error ("E: signature verification failed") and the installation is aborted.

Do you have any ideas what this might mean? I get the same response on both versions of the zip file.

Many thanks,

Damian

Post by admin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 am

You still have the stock recovery software on your phone. This one will not install any zip files that are not signed by HTC. After some reading I found out that there is currently no custom recovery available for the Desire S, so you have to do the installation manually:

Mount system partition read/write
    Rename /system/libhtc_ril.so to /system/libhtc_ril.orig.so
    Extract the libhtc_ril.new.so from the zip file to /system/libhtc_ril.so
If you have the "Root Explorer" app you may do the above steps with that (I don't have it so I'm not sure).

Else you need to open a shell and type the commands manually. You will need Busybox (stericson free version is sufficient).

Code: Select all
grep " /system " /proc/mounts | awk '{system("mount -o rw,remount -t "$3" "$1" "$2)}'
mv /system/libhtc_ril.so /system/libhtc_ril.orig.so
cp [sourcepath]/libhtc_ril.new.so /system/libhtc_ril.so

If this is all too complicated for you please tell me. I can post a simple installation program that (hopefully...) does the above steps

Post by damian35 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi,

Having Android for less than a week, I probably need a step by step to do this but would be happy to have a go, particularly if the code is copy and paste. Alternatively, if it is not too much trouble to do a program to install this then I would be happy.

If I installed Clockworkmod recovery, would this allow the installation.

By the way, I am hopefully going to be connecting the phone to a VW Premium kit and would be happy to report back with photos if I get it working.

Many thanks,

Damian

Post by admin » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:46 pm

I just uploaded an installation utility to the Android Market. Could you please give it a try? Search for "rsap" in the Market.

If the "Busybox" button is enabled please press that one first. It installs the Busybox utility. If that one runs you can also be sure to have root rights.

After that try the "install" button. It should install the system files. If everything works the button will be disabled. If it gives you an error message please send it to me.

Now you may try to install the trial version from the Market and test if it works.

Post by damian35 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 am

Hi,

Had a quick go.

Downloaded the RSAP installation app, clicked Busybox and this downloaded ok. You then have to open Busybox to complete the installation and allow it to root, etc. You then have to go back and install the system files and in doing so permission must be granted for the installer to access root.

I then downloaded the trial RSAP app, again this automatically requested root access and installed. The end result - I've connected to the VW Premium car kit and made the first call. I've not got any numbers in the phone yet, so not tried the phonebook upload, nor have I given it an extended test. I'll download the full app and report back in the next day or so with pictures, etc.

A couple of quick questions, can I now uninstall Busybox and the RSAP installation app? If so, I will need to read up on how to do this as I have only had an android phone a couple of days!

Anyway, so far so good.

Thanks for all your help (and doing things quickly as well),

Damian

Post by admin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:59 am

So, two good news: the installer app is working and rSAP runs on the Desire S!

You may uninstall both the rSAP and the Busybox installer app when you are done. The rSAP system files and the Busybox utilities will stay on your phone.

Post by damian35 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks..

Oops - do you happen to know how to uninstall them?

Also, trying to download the paid app and the market is stuck at 'Authorising Purchase'. I take it this is a problem with the market. I'll cancel and try again.

Thanks,

Damian

PreviousNext

Return to HTC Desire S