[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
rSAP for Android Forum • View topic - Desire S installation issue
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:57 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Desire S installation issue

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire S

Desire S installation issue

Post by tjanota » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 am

Having HTC Desire S, original ROM, 2.3.5, SW number 2.10.401.8, rooted (hopefully ;) )

Hi,

can anyone help? When installing ('Install/ Update System Files') pop-up appears 'rSAP has been granted Superusers...', but that it failes. After that I get following messages - 'Sometimes Installation failed. Null', sometimes there is message stating:
Installation failed.
cat /data/data/com.android_rsap.rsapinstall/files/rsaputil > /system/bin/rsaputil
chmod 06755 /system/bin/rsaputil failed
/dta/dara/cim.android_rsp.rsapinstall/files.install.sh: cannot create /system/bin/rsaputil: read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/rsaputil: no such file or directory

I roughly know what does it mean :? , but how to fix it? :)

Re: Desire S installation issue

Post by admin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 am

There must be some problem setting the system partition writable. Can you please use the rSAP (trial) to start a "main" log, start the installation app, retry installation, then stop the log and send me the file? Please switch off "rsap" filter for "main" log.

Post by admin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Please try again with installer version 2.1.1.

Post by tjanota » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 am

Hi,

thanks for comments. I tried:
1) After installation I see newly the button 'Uninstall System Files' enabled
2) The error messages are the same ones.

After launching rSAP Trial I see:
SIM State
Socket connect error (in red)

Anyway I also tried to connect phone to the car HF. Well, I was partially successful ;)
1) I was able to find the phone, newly there was no 'unsupported phone' message ;)
2) I was able to pair the devices, I see car's HF in a list of paired devices
3) Car is trying to connect, that it fails

I now I see the light at the end of tunnel :lol:

Thx

Tomas

Post by admin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Did you touch the "Update/Install" button once more with 2.1.1 installer? That should fix the problem. If you did, can you please create a "main" log and mail it to me? Please note that you have to leave settings to actually start/stop the log.

EDIT: sorry, just found out you already sent me logs.

Post by admin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Found the problem. Please use rSAP installer app 2.1.2 or later.

Post by tjanota » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:52 pm

And it WORKS :D :D :D

Many thanks

Post by chiz » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Can anyone help. I had the Desire S successfully linked with the Columbus system in the Skoda Superb but the problem was that I was unable to accept updates on the phone. After rejecting them for a year the phone eventually stopped working. How do I root the phone and have it successfully pairing but also be able to accept the updates that are sent to the phone.

Any thoughts!

Post by admin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Return to HTC Desire S