It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:03 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Icon rSAP not connected

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire S

Icon rSAP not connected

Post by big-okieh » Sat May 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi!

Yesterday I installed the latest build of this ROM for the Desire S. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2031694

rSAP works (like with the older versions) fine with it. But since this version I suddenly have a small icon in the upper left corner in the status bar. It tells me all the time that rSAP is not connected... which is in fact true... at least most of the time. ;) When I enter the car, the icon changes into the well known rSAP connected icon. When I leave the car it changes back.
The only way to disable this notification seems to be by switching off bluetooth completely. :(

Can you tell me how to switch off this permanent not-connected-icon? Thanks!

Re: Icon rSAP not connected

Post by admin » Sun May 26, 2013 10:29 am

The problem is that without this change Android can kill the rSAP service any time and leave you without rSAP support for up to half a minute (or longer). If you try to connect during this time it won't work. Even worse, the AOSP Android 4.2/CyanogenMod 10.1 leaks resources each time the service gets killed, so you have to switch off/on Bluetooth after a few days or even reboot your phone.

I also don't like icons in the notification bar (I'm getting used to it slowly...), but this is the only way to keep the service alive. I though about an option, but what should I call it? "Accept that rSAP will randomly not be available"?

Is it really so bad...?

Re: Icon rSAP not connected

Post by big-okieh » Sun May 26, 2013 10:54 am

Oh, that's a pitty! Noooo, don't worry! I am fine with it. I just need to get used to that icon, not to think at first sight that I have a new message.
it was good to understand the reasons for that! Now that i know the background i agree with you, that an option is not an option. ;-) Thank you for the explanation!

Return to HTC Desire S