Airplane mode necessary after disconnect from rSAP

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S
admin
Site Admin

Re: Airplane mode necessary after disconnect from rSAP

Post by admin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Please be patient, I'm doing this in my spare time... ;)

I never had such an issue with CM or Nexus S stock ROM. I tested on the very same phone (Galaxy S) and it worked with CM but did not work with MIUI. All directly involved software modules (RIL lib and radio) are identical so it is some other stuff that is causing the difference (Phone.apk?).

I also did tests with ICS on my Nexus S with this ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1354263) and rSAP works. The only bug I found so far is that apps need an additional permission to be started after boot. My rSAP is not the only app that will need to add this...

I'll release an update soon with the fix for ICS and a simple plugin possibility to add a workaround for this disconnect problem.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:56 pm

While working on the fix I found out that there must be something wrong with the MIUI ROM: After reboot it takes more than a minute until the phone finds the provider and logs in the mobile network. I even had power cycles where the phone did not log in at all.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 am

Short update: I have a plugin for the next version of the rSAP app (V1.2) that activates/deactivates airplane mode automatically at rSAP disconnect. It fixes the mobile connection but Bluetooth stays deactivated after leaving airplane mode :(
I'll have to dig a bit deeper...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Finally I managed to get V1.2 of the rSAP app finished. This version supports a simple plugin mechanism in the full version that allows the following patch to automatically fix the connection by switching on/off airplane mode. The trial version does not support this extension.

Download and install the apk with your favourite file manager. Easiest may be to browse this page directly with your phone. The app has no user interface and you will not see it in the launcher. It will only appear in the list of installed apps.
rSAPAirplaneModePlugin.apk
Patch for rSAP on MIUI ROMs
(12.74 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
I will not upload the apk to the Android Market because it is so special for this MIUI problem and there are a lot of people installing everything that is for free ;)

If you have a similar problem with a different ROM you may of course tryout if it helps!

Lupe

Post by Lupe » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:04 pm

I just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S from some unnamed community package to MIUI 1.12.23 (German). I still have the Audi A6 with the BTA 1560.

Here is the executive summary:
Don't use the rSAPAirplaneModePlugin.apk!

It took me quite a bit of fiddling because I went at it from the wrong direction, but when you go at it normally, it's straight forward:
Since the car phone does not support PBAP, I can only report that the SIM access runs OK. When I had the rSAPAirplaneModePlugin installed, I had to reboot Android for each reuse in the car. Quite a pain, as MIUI 1.12.23 plays We wish you a merry Christmas while it boots. I got a rash from that. ;)

Lupe Christoph

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:48 am

If it does not help or even cause trouble, simply uninstall from settings menu! That's why it is a plugin 8-)

But I don't understand what troubles it caused to you. rSAP connects only once without rebooting? While testing I sometimes had the issue that Bluetooth stayed off after airplane mode on/off. Did that happen?

Do you still have the "MIUI problem" with the new ROM, that the phone does not reconnect after an rSAP connection without switching on/off airplane mode? Or is that fixed?

Lupe

Post by Lupe » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:07 pm

admin wrote:If it does not help or even cause trouble, simply uninstall from settings menu! That's why it is a plugin 8-)
Yepp. Been there, done that.
admin wrote:But I don't understand what troubles it caused to you. rSAP connects only once without rebooting? While testing I sometimes had the issue that Bluetooth stayed off after airplane mode on/off. Did that happen?
No, turning airplane mode off and back on gives me bluetooth and a notice that rsap acquired root permissions. This is without the plugin.
admin wrote:Do you still have the "MIUI problem" with the new ROM, that the phone does not reconnect after an rSAP connection without switching on/off airplane mode? Or is that fixed?
Just the opposite. It is not only fixed, but activating your plugin causes similar behaviour (sans airplane mode). So with MIUI 1.12.23 the workaround not needed. I have MIUI 1.12.23 working with the two apps I mentioned. So far I always got a reconnect without a reboot of either phone.

Lupe Christoph

systemchef

Post by systemchef » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:37 pm

same problem on CM11 on Galaxy Nexus 9250 (airplane mode needed after disconnecting rsap)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:07 am

Please try this viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1115.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S I9000”