It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:22 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Galaxy S Plus And RSAP

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S

Galaxy S Plus And RSAP

Post by zacha » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am

Hello!

yesterday I flashed my Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 with Cyanogenmod 9 to upgrade to Android 4. I was aware I would lose rsap and so I installed your app (trial), which worked as expected. When it is started it states "Bluetooth status: nicht verbunden" and "sim status: normale telefonfunktion". Today I tried connecting with my car (Nokia 616) but It did not recognize my phone to be rsap compatible. So what I got was hand free profile. Did I do something wrong or is this simply not working on the galaxy s plus? Is it necessary to explicitly start the app before connecting bluetooth? Do you know how I can force the 616 to try again with rsap mode?

thanks in advance

Re: Galaxy S Plus And RSAP

Post by zacha » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:49 am

okay I was now able to connect the car via rsap. but after disconnecting the phone asked for the pin code again... is this normal behaviour? this would be very annoying.

Post by admin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Usually the 16-digit Bluetooth PIN is only entered once. The SIM PIN basically must be entered every time, but the Nokia should be able to store it and enter it automatically.

If you have to reenter the Bluetooth PIN every time there is something wrong with the pairing. I had that several times while playing around with my 616, but more often with HTC phones than with Samsung phones. I sadly don't know why this happens, whose fault it is and I don't know how to fix it. Even a factory reset of the 616 does not seem to help, but perhaps it helps in your case.

Post by zacha » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm

no, not the nokia is asking for the pin. the samsung is after the nokia has quit the connection. i know that the nokia is able to store the pin, it has asked for storing the pin too and I agreed. but after leaving the car and the samsung regained the sim control i had to re enter the pin to my galaxy.

Post by zacha » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 am

please help :-) i now bought the full version of rsap and imrc app and everything works like a charm- but my galaxy is still asking for the pin after leaving the car...

Post by admin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 pm

It is strange that this happens. PIN is usually handled completely in the phone software when switching between rSAP and normal mode.

Do you have some special SIM card, like dual SIM? What happens if you switch off the PIN? And then switch it on again?

Post by zacha » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't have a special sim. this is a normal vodafone (de) sim card. but i have vodafone ultra sim feature with two additional sim cards (same phone number)... but afair this is the first sim I always had (just before getting ultracard stuff). might this possibly be related to the fact I have an eight digit pin code? (standard allows 4 to eight digits but most people use four).

how is storing the pin arranged?

so normally the phone would have no need to store the pin provided by the user.

- the sim is queried if it has been locked
- th sim answers it is locked
- phone asks user to enter the pin
- pin is accepted by the sim
- rsap app grabs access to the sim, phone loses it
- rsap releases sim access
- sim is locked
- who or what is entering the sim pin again?

I think this must be handled by the rsap app some how.. as the os is not prepared for losing the sim card while operating?

PS when I enter flight mode and leave it again... the phone does NOT ask for the PIN again... but I think it possibly will never release access to the sim card in this constellation?
PPS with the original samsung rom (android 2.3.7 iirc) the phone never asked for the pin again after releasing remote sim access.

Post by admin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:39 am

PIN entry after rSAP is done by the firmware. I guess it is done in radio/baseband software but I'm not sure. My app does not handle that with Samsung phones. Perhaps the Samsung firmware has a bug with such long PINs?

Post by zacha » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't think so... as I said that worked before with the original samsung rom. I did not change the baseband software... I will try a short pin and comment here.

Post by zacha » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 pm

it is the same problem with a short pin code. I now disabled the pin code temporalily but this can't be a solution...

Next

Return to Samsung Galaxy S I9000