It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:57 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Nexus S Running CyanogenMod Nightlies

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Nexus S

Nexus S Running CyanogenMod Nightlies

Post by BigladUK » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:52 am

Just wanted to post to say I'm running the trial on my CyanogenMod Nexus S in the UK and it's working great with my Audi A8 ( 08 ) but I only saw the phone book in the car on my very first connection.

I'll keep trying and see it works with text messages etc etc and report back.

Si

Re: Nexus S Running CyanogenMod Nightlies

Post by admin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 pm

From your other post:
Can you confirm what should be happening with the phone book plus does the app do anything with the power settings on the phone like turn off some services as one of the benefits of rSAP from what I've read it allowing the phone to use less power while in Sim Access Profile

The power saving is because the baseband software switches off the mobile radio unit while SIM access is active - at least that's what I observed on the HTC. After a longer connection you can check that with the new Android 2.3+ power consumption graphics: while the phone signal is off the curve should be flatter.

Regarding the transfer of the contacts: pay attention to a notification on your phone (usually with a sound) asking you to grant access to the phone contacts. This happens after the SIM contacts are read which may take a few minutes. My current state of knowledge is that the Phone Book Transfer Protocol (PBAP) gets better with every Android version. With 2.3.4 only the last dial, missed call, ... lists may have problems with non-ASCII characters.

Post by BigladUK » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks Martin,

I'll check out the power and also look for a prompt

I was super excited this morning as my car had full signal in my works car park where my phone via bluetooth normally struggles to get 1 bar :-)

I'll report back

Si

Post by BigladUK » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:03 am

OK,

Purchased the full version and have been testing for a day or two.

Everything seems to work perfectly including text messages reading connecting/disconnecting from the phone except for phone book access.

When I first pair the phone to the car ( done from the car ) the first connection allows me full access to the phone book from the car but after that all other connections don't. The phone book in the car just remains greyed out.

I've played around with different pairing methods like phone to car, car to phone but have been unable to get the phone book to transfer after the initial pairing.

I did wait and look for a notification but nothing comes up.

Any further ideas ?

Thanks Martin

Si

Post by admin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:32 am

Which phone book works on the first connect? SIM or phone contacts? Do you have options to choose which phone book the car wants to read?

Post by BigladUK » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Martin,

In car I have both SIM and Phone selected.

The phone book I can see on first connect is my phone book from my phone ( contacts )

Does that help ?

Si

Post by admin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Not really. Looks like a problem with Phone Book Access Protocol. But it's strange that you did not get the access notification. I'll check that again with my Galaxy S also running CyanogenMod nightly.

Did you pair your phone with Handsfree Protocol before rSAP? Perhaps it asked back then for permission? Then it may help to completely delete all pairing from phone and car. Is there a function to reset all Bluetooth data to delivery state in the car?

Post by BigladUK » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Martin,

I've spent a lot of time with my car and phone this weekend and can now give you some more information.

The reason I sometimes got to see the phone book was if I paired the phone as a normal HFP ( which my car can do as well as SAP ) then deleted the pairings both sides and then repaired from the car with rSAP running I'd then have a SAP pairing and the phone book would still be there which I assume is because it had been remembered but after a few mins the phone book went.

So wether I pair from phone or car I can't make the phone book appear.

I also don't get a notification after connection which I'm assuming is supposed to be the phone car asking for access to the phone book.

I tried the 7.1 RC1 this morning wondering if the problem was my OS version but I get the same behaviour.

I guess this must be an incompatibility between the software and how my car's bluetooth works ?

Does anyone else you have use an A8 2G MMI ?

Thanks in advance for your support

Si

Post by admin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 am

Can you test the rSAP behaviour with a Nokia (the ultimate compatibility benchmark...)? I know that the Opel units have the weird behaviour that they support PBAP in HFP mode, but not in rSAP mode.

Post by BigladUK » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:07 am

I'll see if I can find one, I might have a 6310i around.

I guess my car kit not supporting PBAP in rSAP mode would make sense.

I'll report back and I'll check my manual which might have some technical information in.

Thanks
Si

Return to Samsung/Google Nexus S I902x