It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:36 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Admin plz help, stock 4.0.3 wont work for me!

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Nexus S

Admin plz help, stock 4.0.3 wont work for me!

Post by Samvera » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:01 am

The car is a Passat -08 with premium handsfree kit. I have rooted my Nexus S with the stock 4.0.3 rom. I have installed the rSAP system files through the installer app on market. I have connected the device with the trial app through making it discoverable and entering the 16 digits. But here is where the strange stuff pulls off. After entering the 16 digits the device connects for a while and everything seems to go smoothly. Then the car says "new sim card found" and "initialising new phone" before it goes bananas and seems to disconnect again and return to the main "no compatible phone found" and wants me to "discover new phone" or "dial the SOS number".

Please help me. I just throwed away the Nokia N8 which worked great before. But I want my Android to work too! :)

Thnx in advance!! Great work by the way!

Regards

Re: Admin plz help, stock 4.0.3 wont work for me!

Post by admin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Can you please send me a "main" log to my email address? It would be very helpful if you also create a "HCI" log, but you will have to install the 'hcidump' tool first (see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=248#p1051)

Did you get a request for phonebook access on your phone? I suspect it is the phonebook transfer that's causing the trouble.

Post by Samvera » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Thnx for a quick reply. I did not get a phonebook access request. It just returned to "not connected" screen in the car and disconnected from the app in the nexus. For a while (10 sec) the app seemed connected and everything looked well on the phone. But as soon as the cars screen indicated that new sim was found and it initialised a new phone it failed to obtain the connection and returned to the default screen saying that there is no connected device.

I will send u the logs as soon as possible. Thnx for the help!

Post by Samvera » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:18 am

Hi Admin! After a long and hard week, today I tried to change the SIM-card in my Nexus and it worked! So the problem is gone now and I want to thank you for your great effort to make this solution possible with Android. I have purchased your app from the market and its truly perfect. Again, thank you very very much!!!!

Best regards,
Samvera

Return to Samsung/Google Nexus S I902x