It works, but then it doesn't

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S II
Quindor

Re: It works, but then it doesn't

Post by Quindor » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:17 pm

dobermann2611 wrote::lol: Yes it works fine , as we know from SGS1,and the battery consumption is also improved. :mrgreen:
I don't really understand your post. Up untill 2 days ago, it was impossible to get it working correctly running Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Galaxy SII. As I explained in my post above.

dobermann2611

Post by dobermann2611 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:55 am

I mean the Problems with Bt are fixed since Build #86 - #87 an you can use the RSAP Tool of the Market as normal.I have the RNS 510 with PFSE Orginal from Volkswagen and the Phone conect everytime succesfully with the Unit.I have before the sgs1 with CM and RSAP and it was wonderfull...

greats

nightcrane

Post by nightcrane » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:27 pm

hello!!

I've just buy a SGS2, the problem is the connection is dropped by the car every 2/3 minutes, so i was thinking the problem is the same as discribed.

But i was wondering if there xas any solution to solve that problem without "rooting" my phone? (sorry but my english is not very good) :roll:

Otherwise, it works well withmy palm with windows 6.1,

So if there is any solution or install that app or another to fix my problem i will do it, thanksss

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Perhaps it helps to completely remove the pairing from the car and then pair again. If you connect the same SIM card with a different phone some car kits seem to get confused.

EDIT: should have noted that it is definitely not related to the CyanogenMod issue because Samsung uses a completely different Bluetooth stack.

nightcrane

Post by nightcrane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 am

That's not the solution because it's not working until i set the palm, and i see yesterday that the car dropped the connection not at the same time every time, (i can not understand...)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Sometimes other protocols disturb the rSAP connection, e.g. phonebook transfer. What car is it? Since you have the original Samsung software, did you try to contact Samsung support?

nightcrane

Post by nightcrane » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 pm

I called samsung support and they tell me some jokes, that's funy listening to a girl telling you that it's your car the problem... And when she was speaking, i just know that she does not understand a word on what i was talking to...

So i have to find by myself,

I've test to switch off data connection, it's not working,
i plug the charger in the car, apparently it's not working,

So two, solution, i wait for a new update, or i find a solution, a prefer the second one! lol

but for the moment i cannot find anything...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 pm

You may switch to CyanogenMod and try my app :) At least the phone will behave differently.

Sadly it is not so easy to switch between CyanogenMod and a Samsung based ROM, at least I never tried. And I'm not sure how you can backup your current ROM. Is there a ClockworkMod recovery for Samsung stock ROM?

Quindor

Post by Quindor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Sadly I can't help here either. I have been following this topic.

I have a Skoda SuperB Ambition Business Line early-2009 model with the premium carkit (rSAP only).

And this worked with the stock Samsung ROM (2.3.3) and with CyanogenMod from the build specified earlier. If it's not working for you on the stock ROM, I am not sure what the problem might be. As said, that worked perfectly for me (and others I know).

Do you maybe have an old Symbian nokia with which you could try if it's maybe the carkits fault?

SF58

Post by SF58 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi admin,
I have the same problems with my S II I9100 with CyanogenMod-7.1.0 and your rSAP-App to pair with an Audi with Bluetooth telephone MMI 3G.

Cyanogen (Android version 2.3.7, build number GWK74) and rSAP were installed this week so I guess it's the current build. No problems to install your rSAP on my phone but the connection will allways be disconnected after approx. 2 minutes looking for the mobile network. After leaving my car I have to switch on/off the Flight Modus to use my phone again.

Do you have any solution? Thank you in advance.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S II I9100”