admin
Site Admin

Re: SGS2 official ICS 4.0.3 Update does NOT support rSAP any

Post by admin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:14 pm

I received my SGS2 and after some research I have good news and bad news:

bad
rSAP is indeed gone in XXLPQ stock ROM :(

good
Samsung got rid of the Broadcom Bluetooth stuff. It looks like they now use plain Bluez and the Bluetooth.apk for PBAP. I think that's why rSAP is gone. It was also implemented by Broadcom. Perhaps Samsung will add rSAP later?

bad
The first test with PBAP failed. Next I'll try my replacement.

good
My rSAP app works ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:47 am

Made more tests with phonebook transfers. The stock implementation has the "usual" problems that all AOSP ROMs have: entries with email addresses marked as "home" or "work" are missing in VW Premium phone. My replacement Bluetooth.apk for Android 4 ( viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221) works and fixes the problems.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:13 am

ayasystems wrote:When install rSAP app i lost phone use. I've need wipe all to restore telephone utility.
This is strange. For me (and others) rSAP works without any problems on XXLPQ. Perhaps you used a different ROM that somebody already messed up?

rSAP-user

Post by rSAP-user » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 am

Dear admin,

Could you confirm that the stock I9100XXLPQ works out of the box in rSAP mode, I tried and it does not work with my Nokia 610 car phone system.
Thanks

Honzze

Post by Honzze » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:57 am

Dear Developer,
I'm gonna buy your app just to reward you a bit for your research and effort. Even if maybe Samsung will "fix" rSAP in a future version. But you have already given us more support than Samsung for considerably less money. So this should be a little "Thank You"! :)
If you could find a way to get rid of the Samsung stuff from stock ROM and use your APP instead - even better!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:55 pm

@rSAP-user: Not out of the box. Currently you need my app.

@Honzze: Thanks!

Beastie

Post by Beastie » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for providing invaluable info into the rSAP stuff. I am using a stock rooted XXLPQ and have tested your trial app.

My only question is why sometimes the phone does not reconnect to the mobile network after rSAP disconnects. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

I have found a very useful app on the android market that resets all connections (called Restart Connections). its a single click operation that takes couple of seconds to complete and this eliminates the need to reset the phone every time.
So I was thinking maybe your could integrate such a restart into your rSAP app... so when it disconnects from the car you simply Restart Connections?

Edit:
I tested yesterday with the full version in my Skoda Superb and it works without any issues. Great job & many thanks

CristianM

Post by CristianM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi Beastie,

Can you please specify what kind of hands free you have in the car? I'm also interested in that pp since ICS does not support anymore rSAP. I also tried the trial app from market on a stock rooted LP7 without success. I have a RNS510 with premium bluetooth from VAG.

So, because of that I'm back to 2.3.6. :(

CristianM

Post by CristianM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Later info...

My bad, I didn't install the system files :oops:

But anyway I want to know what's your hands free, please.

CristianM

Post by CristianM » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi again,

Because that think (not being able to upgrade to ICS) started to annoy me I decided to make a try. So I upgraded again to ICS LP7 only with a rooted kernel, and installed the system tools for rSAP and the trial rSAP. Well, everything worked quite good.

Next step was to buy the full app. I also replaced the Bluetooth.apk to solve the address book issue.

Now everything works great, and I can say that is an upgrade since I can sincronize the address book also.

Great work! :D

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S II I9100”