Incoming calls use Sim rather than Phone contact info

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S II
pbsuperb

Incoming calls use Sim rather than Phone contact info

Post by pbsuperb » Fri May 25, 2012 3:50 pm

I have successfully installed rsap on my Galaxy S2 and it pairs up with very few issues.

I have noticed however, that whilst I have set up my phone contacts to have special tones etc, incoming calls always come in as the SIM contact and ring the phone with the default ringtone. This is whilst the phone is not paired to my in-car bluetooth.

I suspect this is due to the fact that I have rsap running and the bluetooth switched on. I did try turning rsap off but it calls still came in as the SIM contact. Is there any way to change this?

Many thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Incoming calls use Sim rather than Phone contact info

Post by admin » Fri May 25, 2012 10:40 pm

I don't fully understand what is happening and what you are expecting.

When you are connected via rSAP the in-car phone controls the ringtone, regardless what you configured in the mobile phone. There is a Bluetooth profile for transferring ringtones from mobile to car but I don't know how it works and as far as I know only the Porsche PCM supports it.

rSAP does not influence the ringtone in any way and I don't think that any part of Bluetooth does. If your ringtone does not work as expected when not connected to the car it must be a problem with the phone settings.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S II I9100”