App is very unstable and frequently crashes phone

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S II
4r7ur

App is very unstable and frequently crashes phone

Post by 4r7ur » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi,

I’m using an rsap adapter (8P0 051 440) in 2 different Audis. So far various phones have worked without problems (Siemens, Nokia) in that constellation, or with minor issues (Blackberry, paining needed to be repeated about once a month and two different SGS2 with 2.3.x, SIM-PIN needed to be reentered about weekly).

I’ve been using the rsap app since last Wednesday and the time has been very strenuous. I’ve used the non-root installation procedure with the trial app first. The initial 3-4 pairings were in HFP mode only, but finally I could establish an rsap connection. Therefore I deinstalled the trial app and bought the full version.

These are the various problems I run into:
1) rsap connection quits and reconnects by itself immediately afterwards
2) After the phone was in flight mode, BT remains disabled when turning flight mode off, although BT was enabled before.
3) after one or two rides with rsap, phone connects in HFP mode, yet the phone unit of the device is deactivated. To make phone calls again, device needs to be rebooted. After reboot, BT manually needs to be enabled, although it has been enabled before.
4) after one or two rides with rsap, phone connects in HFP mode. The phone unit of the device works, yet after leaving the car the data services are disabled. To use data services again, device needs to be rebooted.

Especially 3&4 make the app useless to me. Any ideas? In case I should provide logs, which one of the about 4 versions are required? Should I also provide date & time and the description of the encountered problem?

Kind regards,
Artur

[edit: I've already tried to remove and reinstall the app, as well as remove all pairiing information and pair again the devices, without any sucess.]

admin
Site Admin

Re: App is very unstable and frequently crashes phone

Post by admin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Sorry you have such big problems. I did not hear from any other user of this SAP adapter before so this is all new to me. It did work with exactly the same phone with 2.3.x before?

Please send me "main" and "radio" logs. Try to note which problem occured roughly at what time. "HCI" will not work if your phone is not rooted. If you happen to know anyone with a compatible rooted phone I'd really like to have an HCI log of the initial pairing!

4r7ur

Post by 4r7ur » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:26 pm

admin wrote:It did work with exactly the same phone with 2.3.x before?
Yes, this phone and another phone with 2.3.3, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 worked quite well in 2 cars. Only from time to time the cars request to reenter the SIM pin, this behavior is the same in 2 cars and with 2 different S2s. Unfortunately a service center installed 4.0.3 on mine, therefore I'm currently searching for a fix.
If you happen to know anyone with a compatible rooted phone
Sorry, root is not an option as I want to keep the alternative to return the phone to the shop (based on German "Gewährleistung").
Please send me "main" and "radio" logs. Try to note which problem occured roughly at what time.
OK, I will. Are the logs overwritten during a phone reboot, or are new logs appended to the existing files?

Thanks for your support,
Artur

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:27 am

Log files are always created new when you start a log. The old files are not overwritten. After a reboot you will have to start new logs. "main" and "radio" logs can "look" into the past i.e. you can start them directly after a problem is detected.

darkcookie

Post by darkcookie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:44 am

Hi,
4r7ur wrote: 3) after one or two rides with rsap, phone connects in HFP mode, yet the phone unit of the device is deactivated. To make phone calls again, device needs to be rebooted.
this seems to be the same problem I am expiriencing with an MMI Bluetooth Online in an Audi A6 4G together with an Android Desire (Cyanogenmod 7). It just doesn't connect in HFP mode for me afterwards because I haven't activated that profile for testing reasons (I assumed that maybe the two profiles (rsap and HFP) are interfering - but the problem still exists).

@admin: I've emailed the log data to you this morning.

Thank you very much and best regards,
darkcookie

PS: Samsung Galaxy S2 did also work together with my car (as long as I didn't install Ice Cream Sandwich...).

4r7ur

Post by 4r7ur » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi "admin",

I just sent the log files to you by email, and a description of the problems that occured. "Unfortunately" since the star of my logging the crashs of the phone-module after the HFP-connections did not appear, maybe this relates to the length of my drives, that are much shorter during the weekends. I'll keep on logging, if different scenarios appear.

Kind regards & have a nice weekend,

Artur

4r7ur

Post by 4r7ur » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:33 pm

I just emailed logs of symptom #3.

After reading through the forum it seems that I have a combination of the problems "No network after disconnecting from the car" and "Connection lost after 1-30 minutes (Skoda Columbus / RNS510)" and some more minor issues...

[edit: it seems that symptom #3 is a "timing issue". It only reappeared as I did some very short rides within town, as I did when I initially encountered these problems]

Kind regards,
Artur

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Do you have the 8P0051440 or 8P0051440A? I'll try to get one, but currently only the version with 'A' is available. I hope it is not too different.

This device really does strange things... I'm surprised that it worked with the Gingerbread Samsung rSAP. I guess the Samsung software had a better defense against malicious rSAP modules. :shock:
I should improve that in my app...

4r7ur

Post by 4r7ur » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 pm

admin wrote:Do you have the 8P0051440 or 8P0051440A?
I have the one without the "A", the 8P0051440.This was the first version released, ans it has been replaced by the one with "A" sometime afterwards. The salesman told me that this older version has some (hidden) drawbacks, but as it has worked fine it never bothered me so far :roll:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:24 am

Bought a device on eBay (new for 69€ - fair price!). I hope this will help to fix the problems.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S II I9100”