It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Phonebook problems with 4.0.4 stock ROM

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S II

Phonebook problems with 4.0.4 stock ROM

Post by admin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:59 am

I tested XXLQB and it seems that the stock Bluetooth.apk crashes. The result is that the phonebook transfer aborts and sometimes even SIM access hangs. Installing my app and my Bluetooth.apk didn't help with the phonebook problems.

If you have a newer VW Premium you can work around by connecting the phone in handsfree mode and then switch to "Premium" mode. The car phone remembers the contact data from handsfree connection. I did not check how long this works, but it's better than nothing.

It looks like Samsung has to create another update for the S2... They know how to do it: current S3 firmware works like a charm!

UPDATE 02.10.12:

It seems Samsung is currently rolling out the 4.0.4 update which has this problem. Currently the only known solution to fix this problem is to wipe/factory reset your phone. It looks like some data left over from 4.0.3 crashes Bluetooth.apk.

Re: Phonebook problems with 4.0.4 stock ROM

Post by syrinx » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:18 pm

hi,

agreed...

As discussed workaround works fine...
But what has google done there?
Once connected via premium it works stable for me...

Cheers,
syrinx

Post by dannyfiasco » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm

I think there is no chance to install the Bluetooth parts of S3 on the S2?

Post by admin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Maybe? You can try: get a Samsung based deodexed S3 ROM zip file based on XXBLxx, e.g. Darky ROM. Extract the SecBluetooth.apk from /system/app and copy it to your S2 to folder /system/app. Set owner to root/root and permissions to rw-r--r--. Don't forget to rename the original Bluetooth.apk & .odex to Bluetooth.apk.orig and .odex.orig (with Root Explorer or similar)! Reboot your phone and see what happens... It may work because both are based on Android 4.0.4.

Post by dannyfiasco » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:06 pm

OK i did this. until now there is no Error. Will try to use this in the car tonight.
Kind regards
Daniel

[UPDATE]

The Secbluetooth.apk from Darkyrom is not working on the S2. I get the errormessage that the "Bluetooth Sharing"(? in german it´s "Bluetooth Freigabe") stopped everytime i try to connect anything by bluetooth.

Post by Richard_tricky » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

i did post on another thread but admin pointed me here.

I have a 61 plate (late 2011) Scirocco and an Galaxy s2 (gt-i9100on 4.0.4 with the following i9100xxlq6 ?? (the phone is as from the factory apart from the updates from samsung.)

I was having problems getting the phonebook contacts to go across. the phone would pair ok but refused to transfer any contacts, also the pbap service on the phone would stop.
I was also having various issues because of the update, random crashes of apps, a system app with an icon on the home screen that could not be removed. amongst other things.

I cant tell you how the bluetooth worked before the update as i only just got the car and the phone was on 4.0.4 by then.

So i tried a hard reset of the phone and reinstalled all my apps and everything just then seemed to work. The phone paired and all the contacts went over first time and works flawlessly.

As i said im running a completely standard galaxy s2 and i hard reset by pressing the power volume and home buttons on the phone and resetting inside the bootloader menu.

hope this helps someone.

Post by syrinx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm

hey,

in the meanwhile I changed to cynogen mod 9 and updated the phone to lates nightly 08/15/2012
and look at this phonebook updates works properly.

cheers,
michael

Post by dannyfiasco » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks for the information, i was using CyanogenMod on my HTC Desire before and i was highly pleased. But as my Samsung is a company phone i can not switch to CM anymore. I hope i will find a solution to get the bluetooth working or Samsung will release an update where the bluetooth issues are beeing fixed.

Post by dannyfiasco » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:53 am

I did a factory-reset today and now BT is working like charme. Connection is very stable and phonebook transfer works very fast an successful. Seems that its better to do a factory-reset after every update and restore all settings afterwards.

Post by admin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Maybe that's the solution. I did not do a factory reset after updating.

But I'm not sure if doing a factory reset is safe because of the brick bug in the I9100... :?

Next

Return to Samsung Galaxy S II I9100