Phonebook problems with 4.0.4 stock ROM

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S II
steveboyson

Re: Phonebook problems with 4.0.4 stock ROM

Post by steveboyson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Same problems her, after update the SGS2 to (ICS 4.0.4)
Build IMM76D.XWLPX
Modem I9100XXLQ6
from "I9100XWLPX_I9100NEELP5_NEE.zip" via CWM
(no full wipe, though)

The Car is a Porsche 911 (type 991) with PCM, fairly new.
ICS 4.0.3 was running fine with rSAP.

Phone does connect via rSAP (I see the short messages in my head unit) but addressbook shows only SIM contacts.

I tried disabling/uninstalling rSAP + com.android_rsap.rsapinstall for reverting to original Samsung files, all with no success. In "Samsung stock mode" I can connect in "hands free mode" only. That means no short messages and even worse: phone contacts having more than one number are appearing with multiple entries in the car's head unit.

Even tried Bluetooth.apk from viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221 with no success.
The "bluetooth sharing" crashes quite frequently. That happens for stock APK as well as for patched APK from mentioned URL.

Does anybody have some information on how to get this fixed?
Thanks!

steveboyson

Post by steveboyson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Appendix:

When using the rSAP app, I am never asked if I want to permit phonebook access. I just get asked to allow remote SIM access and after allowing that rSAP states that SIM Status is "SIM access active". But no phone contacts are shown...

steveboyson

Post by steveboyson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 pm

So, meanwhile after a factory reset and some testing: does not work :(

The Samsung stock Bluetooth only connects to the car's head unit via handfree mode. I have no option to allow "SIM access" in the car's menu.
After installing the rSAP system files, running the installer followed by installing rSAP I have exactly the same behaviour as before: rSAP works (sort of) but shows only SIM card contacts.

... restoring my nandroid backup now ...

I hope the problem can be isolated or somebody knows a different solution than "full wipe" to get it fixed...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 pm

You did a wipe and phonebook transfer still does not work?? Did you uninstall the rSAP system files before/after the wipe?

From your logs I saw that the phonebook transfer is also done with the Handsfree Profile when connected via Handsfree, so the crashing Bluetooth.apk does not bother.

steveboyson

Post by steveboyson » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:03 pm

The rSAP system files were uninstalled prior the wipe. I wonder why even the stock RSAP stuff does not work ...

steveboyson

Post by steveboyson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:23 am

Good news. It works now.
- uninstalled rSAP system files and disabled rSAP by unchecking it in the main screen
- restored Samsung stock BT files with rsap-installer
- flashed 4.0.4_I9100XWLPW_I9100XXLQ6_I9100DBTLPI
- installed rooted kernel PhilZ-cwm6-XWLPW-DBT-2.5-signed.zip
** quick test showed the same problems as before. For testing, I activated rSAP but also no success.
- made full backup with MyBackupRoot (data, apps, settings etc.)
- full factory reset via phone's menu

---> it works now with Samsung stock bluetooth, phonebook contacts are shown and "Bluetooth Sharing" is no longer crashing.
Just doing the MyBackupRoot restore ...

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S II I9100”