It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:00 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

rSAP with Android 4.1.2 - connection fails

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S II

rSAP with Android 4.1.2 - connection fails

Post by McIndy » Sun May 05, 2013 10:19 am

Recently I updated my SGSII from 4.0.3 to 4.1.2. I used to work with rSAP which worked perfectly. After the update, which I did with KIES - so no problem, the rSAP app gave (expectedly) an error message like "incorrectly installed system files". So I deinstalled the rSAP app, replaced the zip file on the SD card with the one for 4.1.x-firmware versions and did the start-up trick. Everything worked without any obvious problem. I had only one observation: In your manual you give a screenshot of the system messages which should appear during the installation. In my case the last line "Install from sdcard complete." did never come up. Instead the menu at the top of the screen came back to life and I could reboot the system. New I reinstalled rSAP from Android Market Place, which also ran with no problem or error message.
Now going to my car and testing the app - the connection went fine up to the point when the car logged into the network and the provider name was displayed (VW Passat 2009, FSE Premium, RNS510). About 5 seconds later the connection between telephone and car gets lost. This behavior is the same each time. I scanned the posts and also switched on the "wake lock" which did not change anything.
Has anyone an idea what else could be the problem?

Thanx

Re: rSAP with Android 4.1.2 - connection fails

Post by admin » Sun May 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Can you please mail me a "main" log?

Post by admin » Fri May 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Maybe it is the phonebook problem? Remove and redo Bluetooth pairing and this time don't allow phonebook access. If the connection now is stable my phonebook app may help.

Post by McIndy » Sun May 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanx, that worked. The connection wasn't aborted anymore :lol:

Return to Samsung Galaxy S II I9100