It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Confused about rSAP on S2

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S II

Confused about rSAP on S2

Post by Timothy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 pm

I am sorry to ask a question which has probably been answered, but I have searched and I have not found the answer.

My S2 is running Android 2.3.4. It works perfectly on its native rSAP (ie not using rSAP App, just what it came with.)

I would like to upgrade to a later version of Android, but I have heard stories that rSAP is no longer supported natively, or maybe that support was dropped and then reinstated.

I wrote to Samsung and got this answer:
The Galaxy S2 supports rSAP on 2.3, and 4.1; unfortunately with Android 4.0 the rSAP support on the device was removed. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Now, does that mean that any version of Android except 4.0 has rSAP and I can safely upgrade, or does it mean that I have to be careful to get exactly 4.1?

How can I tell what version of Android I am going to get if I do an online upgrade? It seems to me that it asks permission to run without telling you what it is going to install.

I have called Samsung Support, but got a numpty who not only never heard of rSAP, but said that no-one on the support team had heard of it - what kind of rubbish support is that?

Obviously it's a bit cheeky asking these questions on the forum of the rSAP App, but I cannot get the information anywhere else. Will someone take pity on me and tell me how I can, guaranteed, get an Android upgrade which includes native rSAP support. If it's not guaranteed, then I'll just keep 2.3.4.

I am happy if someone wants to try and sell me on the idea of using the App, but it just seems a very complex solution (all the stuff about rooting and avoiding rooting) when the phone:
  1. Just works at the moment
  2. Is supposed to "just work."

Anyone?

Re: Confused about rSAP on S2

Post by admin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:47 pm

It's quite easy: The S2 supports rSAP except with Android Version 4.0.3.

The update notification should tell you which version it wants to install. If it's 4.0.4 or later, it's OK.

If Samsung wanted to save money they could simply dump the support team. No one would miss them :lol:

Return to Samsung Galaxy S II I9100