No contact transfer from Nexus 4 to BMW

Discussions about PBAP
nurri

No contact transfer from Nexus 4 to BMW

Post by nurri » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:55 pm

My specification:
  • Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.4
    BMW F07 with Nav Professional and SAP SnapIn-Adapter
I successfully use the rsap-app since many months. But from the beginning, only SIM-contacts were transferred. Today I tried a totally new installation. All contacts from my SIM deleted and pairing between Nexus and BMW disconnected.

Next I reinstalled the SAP-Adapter in my BMW. On my Nexus I deinstalled all rsap-apps including the system-app, rebooted the phone an installed system and rsap-app once again.

After successfully pairing the adapter with the car I paired the Nexus with the SAP-Adapter in three different ways:

1)
after pairing the car asked for phonebook access: entering yes =>> no contacts transferred

2)
after pairing the car asked for phonebook access: entering no =>> no contacts transferred (what I still expected)

3)
Installing the phonebook-app. But after pairing, the car didn't asked for phonebook access =>> no contacts transferred

I repeated 3) two times again, but without any success. I wonder why my car doesn't ask for phonebook access.

I hope someone can give me a significant hint. I can also provide log-files...

Many greetings
Stefan

admin
Site Admin

Re: No contact transfer from Nexus 4 to BMW

Post by admin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:40 pm

I don't know the BMW GSM SIA very well. Please mail me a "HCI" log either created with my logger app or using the "HCI Snoop" option in Android developer settings. Best is to log a fresh pairing, start the logging before you switch on the car and stop it after switching off. Mail the log to admin at ...

My phonebook app does not ask for permission, since it is a common source of phonebook problems to simply overlook the request. At least it constantly happened to me :roll:

nurri

Post by nurri » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:23 pm

I sent you logs last Sunday. I hope you can identify whats wrong.

Thanx in advance
Stefan

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Sadly I cannot find any problem. The BMW queries the contacts in groups of 5 contacts, and it simply stops after the second batch. Maybe it helps when you change the "QUOTED-PRINTABLE" option?

Return to “Phone Book Access Protocol”