SG SII Android 4.0.4: incomplete phone book transfer (cause)

Discussions about PBAP
Stumpie

SG SII Android 4.0.4: incomplete phone book transfer (cause)

Post by Stumpie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi All,

Some info:
- 2012 VW Passat
- Premium Bluetooth
- Carkit is set to Premium (rSAP)
- Carkit is set to load from phone memory only
- All my 264 contacts are stored in my Google account
- RNS 315
- Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100
- Android 4.0.4
- Stock ROM build IMM76D.XWLPW

About month ago Samsung updated my phone to Android 4.0.4. Before the update I was running your app and the PBAP update and everything was fine. Before the update I deinstalled the rSAP app, but the Intaller is still on the phone. After the update the rSAP connections started failing with the carkit switching to hands-free mode. About two weeks ago I noticed the phonebook transfer failed when the phone was connected with rSAP.

After some reading here I decided to do a factory reset of the phone. Now the rSAP works great, but somehow only 222 of my contacts are synched to the RNS315. For instance my wife and my brother aren't in the car's phone book anymore. The truly weird thing is: they do show up, with name, in the missed-calls list.

Today I sat in the car with my phone and my laptop. I've tried to figure out what's causing the problem, and seem to have found the cause. When any of the email addresses for a contact have a label other then 'Other', the contact will not be synched to the car's phone book. I found out by creating a test contact and was able to confirm by changing the labels for my wife's email addresses. Her details are now synched to the car's phone book.

Does anyone know if a solution for this exists? Or if I can expect this to be fixed in jelly bean? As I understand I can't install the PBAP update from this site.

Thanks in advance,

Stumpie

admin
Site Admin

Re: SG SII Android 4.0.4: incomplete phone book transfer (ca

Post by admin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am

You almost ran into the solution ;) Look here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221.

Stumpie

Post by Stumpie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:00 am

Hmmm, I must have misunderstood the info here. I was under the impression that installing the update would break rSAP on 4.0.4.

I`ll give it a try later today.

Thanks,

Stumpie

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Sorry, you are right!

Stumpie

Post by Stumpie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:24 pm

OK, so this seems like a pretty nasty bug in Samsungs PBAP implementation then. It basically prohibits me from using the Google Gmail contacts web tool for creating new contacts. Do you know if I can make Samsung aware of this problem?

Thnx,

Stumpie

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:13 pm

I have no contact to Samsung, sadly... I only know that the phonebook in the S3 works a lot better. Samsung made the same fixes I made in my Bluetooth.apk. I hope they'll use that for the "Jelly Bean" update for the S2.

Return to “Phone Book Access Protocol”