Contact sync issue Galaxy Nexus and 2014 Audi MMI

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
BJB

Contact sync issue Galaxy Nexus and 2014 Audi MMI

Post by BJB » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Greetings. I think my last post timed out in process so I hope this is not a duplicate...

I helpful forum participant referred me to this site. I have a Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.2 stock and trying to connect to a 2014 Audi MMI with connect. Most of it works! It connects, I get handsfree mike and audio, can make outgoing calls, it downloads the call history, etc. I even have bluetooth music/audio working. However the contacts (of course) are not working 100% correctly. It connects, and it downloads just ONE of my contact categories. So I have 1,000+ contacts and it syncs 80 which is exactly the ones tagged with one category. I have no idea how it decides which category to sync but it always picks the same one.

Now since everything except the contact sync works, I don't want to mess up everything that is working! :)

It is not clear to me if I want to use one of these utilities to correct my contact sync issue do I need rSAP or just the Bluetooth phonebook. Also, I would prefer not to root my phone which I know is necessary for rSAP but does nto appear to be for the Bluetooth phonebook.

Anyway, any help appreciated. I am fairly technical but not totally up to speed on all the Bluetooth protocols, etc.
I would just like to get my contacts.

Thanks,
BJB

admin
Site Admin

Re: Contact sync issue Galaxy Nexus and 2014 Audi MMI

Post by admin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 am

To fix the phonebook problem you only need the phonebook app (easy to guess ;)). You don't need "root" for it and you can simply test with the free trial version. If this doesn't help let me know.

If you have the Audi "connect" option you may also use rSAP. If you don't already use a second SIM card in your car, you will then be able to use all those shiny "online" features, like Google Earth, real-time traffic data,... And you will have better receiption quality, because rSAP uses the external antenna. But you will need "root" for rSAP.

BJB

Post by BJB » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 am

Got it! Thanks...
I will download and try the phonebook app. I understand upon connection there are a few choices of what protocol to select.
For my phone/car combination do you have a suggestoin on which to use?

BJB

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 am

Keep everything active. The car chooses which protocol it wants to use, so it's best to offer as much as possible. A recent Audi will most probably use PBAP.

An unused profile doesn't consume any power, and I guess you will not save memory when you switch it off.

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”