rsap sometimes don't start

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
eagleCS

Re: rsap sometimes don't start

Post by eagleCS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 pm

admin wrote:I still cannot find any problem.

Maybe I misunderstood: are you missing the icon while Bluetooth is switched off? That's by design. The icon should appear as soon as you switch on Bluetooth and disappear when you switch off. Sometimes this may take a few seconds.

Maybe you have so many icons in the status bar that the rSAP icon is hidden?
No no, it's not a problem of icon. RSAP does not start when you start bluetooth because the service/app is NOT active after a reboot. No rsap into app list active.

In the second log I sent you yesterday, at some point I launch the bluetooth BUT rsap DO NOT START (star ONLY after lauch the application "rSAP".

Sorry for my bad english :oops:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:18 pm

I cross-checked with logs from my phone and found that the rSAP service indeed is not started on your phone. But I cannot do anything about it, this is all handled by Android. Maybe another app on your phone disturbs the autostart of rSAP (and other apps)? Is there a setting for autostart in CM? I know there is a possibility to switch off autostart in MIUI ROMs.

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:21 pm

admin wrote:I cross-checked with logs from my phone and found that the rSAP service indeed is not started on your phone. But I cannot do anything about it, this is all handled by Android. Maybe another app on your phone disturbs the autostart of rSAP (and other apps)? Is there a setting for autostart in CM? I know there is a possibility to switch off autostart in MIUI ROMs.
Into CM rom there is not a setting to block the automatic start of the app...

Attach my status after reboot: AVG, MailDroid, Swiftkey and LightFlow starting OK: rsap not. I start rsap "by hand" and it always works until a restart. Bluetooth on-off-on-off-on-off..... rsap work ALWAYS perfectly

I have no task killer installed
Attachments
CMScreenshot_2013-10-23-22-58-59.jpg
CMScreenshot_2013-10-23-22-58-59.jpg (171.55 KiB) Viewed 1962 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:01 pm

My app does everything which is necessary to be started after boot, but it is not started. This seems to work fine on a few thousand phones, so it must be a problem on your phone. Sorry, I cannot help you. You may try if this still happens after you do a factory reset and install only my app.

Maybe your "AntiVirus" app blocks the autostart? Why do you install an anti-virus app at all...?

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:29 pm

admin wrote:My app does everything which is necessary to be started after boot, but it is not started. This seems to work fine on a few thousand phones, so it must be a problem on your phone. Sorry, I cannot help you. You may try if this still happens after you do a factory reset and install only my app.

Maybe your "AntiVirus" app blocks the autostart? Why do you install an anti-virus app at all...?
I uninstalled the antivirus but rSAP service is not started yet..

The CM10.2 works beautifully.. in this moment for me reset of the nexus is excluded.. :| I can not understand why ALL the other apps work with service and rsap not ... :?: bohhh

Thanks

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:53 am

Hi! with CM11 (android 4.4.2 ALL LAST Nightly) there is a similar problem:

Into APP list the rSAP voice exists, but activating the bluetooth, rSap sometimes starts and sometimes not ... :(

rSAP
1 process 1 services --> WORK

rSAP
0 process 1 services --> DON'T WORK

At first time it's ok, but after few hours the process does not activate by bluetooth activation. Why?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:33 am

Did you check the "Keep Active" option? If not, Android sometimes kills the service process and doesn't restart it for some time.

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 am

admin wrote:Did you check the "Keep Active" option? If not, Android sometimes kills the service process and doesn't restart it for some time.
"Keep Active" it's ON...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Strange. Something must kill the process. Do you run some kind of task manager? Maybe the rSAP app crashes?

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:14 am

admin wrote:Strange. Something must kill the process. Do you run some kind of task manager? Maybe the rSAP app crashes?
No run any task manager, sorry but no rSAP crash :cry:

Tonight I reinstalled "from zero" the CM11 20140110 and the problem remained (I thought that the cause of the problem could be with the nightly updates made with ​​CMupdater).
After few times the rSAP gone to "0 process, 1 service".

Or it's the CM11 or it's an application that interferes .. but which one?? NO task maganer, NO task killer..

Obviously whatsapp receive messages even if it is "zero", but after activating the Bluetooth, rSAP not starting..
Attachments
after.png
after.png (133.81 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
start.png
start.png (133.27 KiB) Viewed 1840 times

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”