rsap sometimes don't start

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
admin
Site Admin

Re: rsap sometimes don't start

Post by admin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:56 am

Sorry, I'm at my wit's end. I test my app on about 10 phones, the Galaxy Nexus included, and never had such problems. It must be something special on your phone.

What happens when you install only Superuser and rSAP on a freshly installed original Nexus stock ROM? Maybe you simply have too many services running, so Android kills services even when they are running in "foreground" mode?

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks for your support..

I will try to re-install the CM11 for the umpteenth time... because Android 4.4 there is no rom "stock" for GNexus.
CM11 android 4.4.2 it's great!

PS Use "supersu" (PRO) in CM11 installed immediately via recovery instead of "superuser" because "TitaniumBackup" otherwise it does not work well with the cyano. But I have already tried with superuser only..

As seen from screenshot I have very few services running. NO task manager, NO antivirus... :?:

My ROM Not KILLED SERVICES, prevents the rSAP service from starting the process

The rSAP service it's ok, but when I activated "bluetooth"after a bit of time from the start, the PROCESS don't start. If I have always h24 bluetooth active, there is no problem, but if I turn it off, after a while will not restart because the rSAP service does not "feel" the bluetooth activated and so it does not start the rSAP process...

Sorry for my bad english

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:40 pm

I reinstalled CM11_nightly2014012 full-wipe/format SD with last GAPPS Android 4.4.1

Installed ONLY installer rSAP and rSAP. NO other APPS. NO SuperSU

Same problem. It works until I disable bluetooth. After about approx 30 minutes, I turn on the bluetooth and rSAP and not start:
O process, 1 service

After reboot ok, then same problem.. So I do not think it's the fault of my phone, because the other apps with services works.

Hi

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Sorry, I mixed up your problem with another problem on the Nexus 4... Of course there is no official 4.4 for the Galaxy Nexus.

And I didn't realize that your problem occurs after switching off/on Bluetooth, I thought it happened without any action. I'll check that again!

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:52 am

Ok thanks!, I am available for any tests

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:50 pm

I tested a bit with my Galaxy Nexus with CM11, and of course it doesn't happen to me :(

I have a possible explanation for this behavior: when Bluetooth is off the rSAP service doesn't try to stay alive, so it may be killed by the Android system. Usually the process is restarted after a few seconds, but I observed that some systems seem to have a bug and restart the service only after a few thousand seconds. To verify this, please start a log with the CatLog app while the rSAP process is still running e.g. after boot, and stop the log when you see the "0 processes". Either check yourself if you see a reason why the rSap process dies or mail the log to admin at ...

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 pm

I tried to run "catlog" and see when the process is killed, but it's difficult to understand when it happens...
if you do not use the phone pretty much, doesn't happen, but after some time of use (eg e-mail, browsing, etc.), when the ram starts to oscillate (+ / -) the process is killed (Android 4.4.x feature?)

Also with another app, ex. "whatsapp", after a while, android killed the process, but then the service restore it when a instant message arrives.
I think that the "rSAP service" dosn't notice of the launch of the "Android Bluetooth sharing" (activated bt) and doesn't start the "rSAP process" when the process has been killed the by android...

This is my guess...

Hi

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 am

Could you see entries in the log where the rSAP service gets killed? Does it say that the system will restart it after some time?

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:45 pm

IMPORTANT OT:
With last CM nightly rSAP don't work anymore!!!

(20140122 there is many many changes of bluetooth)

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:07 am

I emailed the complete log...

01-25 20:48:32.394 I/ActivityManager(505): Start proc com.android_rsap.rsap for broadcast com.android_rsap.rsap/.RSAPBroadcastReceiver: pid=2423 uid=10145 gids={50145, 3001, 3002, 1028, 1015}
01-25 21:55:14.531 I/ActivityManager(505): Process com.android_rsap.rsap (pid 2423) has died.

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”