rsap sometimes don't start

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
eagleCS

Re: rsap sometimes don't start

Post by eagleCS » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:26 am

First of all, thank you for testing and for your patience :) , I continue to be convinced that it is not a problem of my phone (absurd) but this is a feature of Android 4.4. Even with whatsapp, viber, etc. .. the process goes to zero, but when they receive a message, their service back on the job. Other applications do not have this behavior: for example "Swiftkey never gets killed.

I'm not a developer so I say definitely nonsense, but the behavior seems similar .. if rSAP was started (if off) when you turn on "Bluetooth", there would be no problems for anyone, even greater security for its operation. you do not need a watchdog, but only a "check" that starts the app when you start the bluetooth on your phone

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:49 am

I can explain the stopping of the service when Bluetooth is off. Android periodically walks through the list of all running apps and stops all, except the 16 (or 32) "most important", whatever that means. When Bluetooth is off, the rSAP app is not "important" enough to stay alive, and even when the icon is shown there is a chance that it gets stopped if there are enough more "important" apps running.

What is confusing me is that there is no log output. Usually you find something like "no longer want xy" in the logcat output, when app xy gets killed, followed by a message that Android will restart the process after x seconds. I sometimes saw logs where x was very high, like 30000 seconds. This would also explain the behavior on your phone, but I didn't see such log outputs.

The last explanation I have is that the rSAP app simply crashes. In that case noone restarts it and it shows 0 processes and x services. I observed this once after Chrome crashed. But again this should produce a log output.

I'll try to create a version where the service is started when Bluetooth is switched on and mail it to you.

P.S. Thanks for the translation!

eagleCS

Post by eagleCS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:41 pm

admin wrote: I'll try to create a version where the service is started when Bluetooth is switched on and mail it to you.

P.S. Thanks for the translation!
Thank you! I await this rSAP version for the tests. I hope that I can help you..

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”