Galaxy Nexus I9250 - rSAP-APP necessary?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
hph

Galaxy Nexus I9250 - rSAP-APP necessary?

Post by hph » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:11 am

Hi,
I am new in this forum, and my problem is, that I almost havn't any idea of what I'm doing or I need to do. I'll try to explain: I have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250, running in ICS 4.2.1.
I tried to pair my phone with my VW phonepreparation (mobiletelefonvorbereitung) premium. It works almost I just have the problem, that contacts with email or any comment added are not shown in my phonebook. First it seemed to lay on the rSAP thing... When I started the hole pairing process again, but first I killed my Phonebook on my Nexus, than I updated it with my googleaccount and I was surprised because all contacts were loaded and shown in my car. Today I started my car again, and same thing again as before...
So I tried to check out, if my Nexus has rSAP - no idea. I got to know, that with a newer OS of ICS (4.3 I guess) rSAP should be included - no idea because I do not get my OTA update from google but from samsung (I don't know why...)
So I check update every day - no update.

So I tried to install the rSAP-App (Trial) but error with SIM. App showed me connection to my care but result were the same and App showed me an installation failure.

So, is there anybody, who can tell me, what to do, and how to do it? I would like to use my nexus 2 in my premium mobilephonepreparation with every feature, but the most important thing is the phonebook should be complete.

? Flash my nexus with the newest ICS - and if yes, which one because there are many ICS 4.3 existing (customs...)?
or
? Does the rSAP-App help? but how?

Can anybody tell me? I'd be very thankful!

hph

admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy Nexus I9250 - rSAP-APP necessary?

Post by admin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:36 am

There are two types of "Premiums": rSAP only and those supporting also the Handsfree profile (since about 2011). If you could already pair your GN I guess you have the newer one which doesn't necessarily need rSAP. Please check this for more: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=488

If you need/want rSAP you first need to root your phone, run my rSAP installer app once, and then the rSAP app itself.

If you "only" have problems with the phonebook, my Bluetooth Phonebook app will help. There is also a free trial available.

hph

Post by hph » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:46 am

goog morning

thanks for replay

But I understood rigth, that there is no rSAP on board on ICS 4.2.1? Is there on 4.3? I read that for S Galaxy S3 there is...?
Is there any other advantage of rSAP? Means advantage to root an install?

I always try to understand, why computers do anything - so do have any explainition for why I got the hole phonebook for one time on my premium, and why the next day it was the same again? Why just problems with contacts where email or notes are saved as well?

regards

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:10 pm

rSAP is not depending on the Android version and so far it is not contained in the Android standard. It's simply that some manufacturers choose to include it (Samsung, LG, some Chinese manufacturers) and others don't. The advantage of rSAP is a better receiption because it uses the external antenna. The disadvantage is that you no longer have Internet on your mobile phone, unless you run a DUN client or have the latest VW Premium with WiFi hotspot.

I also don't understand why your phonebook worked once. I only know the bugs with the email type, memos, etc. and I never heard that it works sometimes.

hph

Post by hph » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:28 pm

hi, ok thanks for this information.
By "no Internet" you mean during time my phone is connected to the VW Premium... No problem while disconnected, right. And what is the DUN client, and how can I see, if it is the latest Premium with WiFi- Hotspot?
I'm a little bit confused - what will be better: root and ad the app (possible loss of internet) or just change the contact notes and emails...
Most important question: will phonebook problems disappear with your app? Other reports seem to confirm...

well... thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Phonebook problems should disappear with the phonebook app (easy to guess...). You don't need root for that. The phonebook problems are the same with rSAP and with Handsfree.

I can't help you much with the choice between rSAP and Handsfree. If you are happy with Handsfree that's fine.

rSAP means the mobile no longer has access to the SIM card while connected to the car, so no more phone operation or mobile data. WiFi is supported with the very latest Premium box starting mid 2013. Maybe you can exchange your box with this version, it will cost you about 200€ on eBay. See also: http://bronken.de/aufrustung-von-der-no ... /#more-149

DUN (=Dial Up Networking) can be used with the BlueVPN app. But you'll have to start the connection manually.

hph

Post by hph » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Phonebook problems disappeared with phonebook app (trial) - thats fine. I'll check advantage/ disadvantage and deside. So what is with mobiles where rSAP is already installed and no app is necessary to install - they must loose internet connection as well or is this just with the rSAP-App. I just want to know just for my future-phones.

Thanks a lot, you made understand the thing a got me to know what to do!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 am

rSAP means "remote SIM Access Profile" i.e. the mobile loses the SIM card access and the car gets it. Without a SIM card the mobile cannot have mobile Internet, so this is by design.

hph

Post by hph » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi thanks again for replaying -

Other/Same problem again - I was wrong - the Phonebook-App did not solf my problem, first I thought, but it did not: contacts saved with i.e. post adress or other notes are not going to be shown. Saved with @ I have to leave the mail adress by "others" but its not possible to save the @ i.e. with work/home/... just with "others" contact will be shown in the phonebook.
So should the app help to solf this prob or won't this be possible. I have no problem to save @ by "others" but I don't want to delete i.e. home adresses if saved...

I am now using the paid version of phonebook app!

thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:18 pm

This should be fixed by my phonebook app. Maybe try to reboot the phone? Does my app show that it was connected to your car?

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”