rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

G-Nex Phonebook problem

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus

G-Nex Phonebook problem

Post by jd00510 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi,

Great site - thanks for posting it.

Picked up a Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus yesterday on Verizon in the US. I've been reading about some widespread bluetooth issue. I am having an issue with my car (Nissan) and the stock Google Android 4 (ICS).

It pairs just fine with the car. I can make and receive calls, the other person can hear me, etc. So no issues there. But my contact list is only transferring a select group of numbers; it always seems to be the same ones, but there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to it. I have about 400 contacts, probably 40 of them get transferred.

Have done multiple troubleshooting steps including stopping the Bluetooth PbapService (didn't change anything, and it just restarted itself), clearing memory of the phone and of the car, etc. with no improvement. This car previously DID work with my old Original Droid running CM7.

Any suggestions? My next thought was to try your program after rooting my new phone .. do you think that would solve the issue?

Re: G-Nex Phonebook problem

Post by admin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 pm

This sounds similar to the VW phonebook issues. Usually with PBAP the car asks for some fields of the contact data (name, number) but Android sends all fields it has. So maybe there is some data in some unwanted field that disturbs the car kit. For VW it is the "home" or "work" attribute of the e-mail field.

So rSAP will not help you with your problem, but you may wait for the Android 4 version of my Bluetooth.apk (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221). I'll upload that in the next few days. And if you test it, please report if it helps!

Post by jd00510 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:23 am

admin wrote:This sounds similar to the VW phonebook issues. Usually with PBAP the car asks for some fields of the contact data (name, number) but Android sends all fields it has. So maybe there is some data in some unwanted field that disturbs the car kit. For VW it is the "home" or "work" attribute of the e-mail field.

So rSAP will not help you with your problem, but you may wait for the Android 4 version of my Bluetooth.apk (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221). I'll upload that in the next few days. And if you test it, please report if it helps!

Alright, I'd be willing to give that a shot. Thank you for the reply. I'll keep an eye on that topic and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Post by Maverick78 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I tried the Bluetooth.apk mentioned above on my Nexus with Android 4.0.2. No change. Not working :(
Is ther any chance to get it running or should I delete all email adresses from my contacts?

Post by admin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I don't have any experience with Nissan car kits, sorry. It is strange that it worked with CM7 and does no longer work with 4.0.2. I thought there were only improvements...?

If you still have the Droid and like to "hack" a little bit you may send me HCI dumps of both phones. You create it on the Droid with CM7 by opening Terminal Emulator and typing
Code: Select all
hcidump -w /mnt/sdcard/filename.cap

Keep the Terminal Emulator running and try to transfer the phonebook in your car. After you finished that, press volume down and "C" in the Terminal Emulator to end hcidump.

To get that working on the Galaxy Nexus simply copy the attached hcidump file to /system/xbin and make sure it is executable for everyone (rwxrwxrwx or 'chmod 777'). Please use the original Bluetooth.apk for this test.

hcidump.zip
hcidump utility
(57.26 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Post by Maverick78 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:21 pm

i have an audi uhv bta (MMI2g) not Nissan but same problem

Post by admin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Oh, sorry. Mixed it up...
You don't have any contacts at all or are only some entries missing?

Post by Maverick78 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:49 pm

All are missing, except the few entries on my SIM Card.
I had a Nokia Symbian phone before and I had to install an App called "Contact Downloader" to get phone addressbook on my MMI. Die Audi MMI2G (and VW RNS-E as I know) reads only the SIM contacts which is not used on newer phones anymore.
A test with an Samsung S2 shows me all contacts incl. phone book.
The rsap App need to simulate the access to the phone addressbook as SIM access to get it working or something like this.
Some hints can be found here: http://a6-wiki.de/index.php/Handyvorbereitung#Samsung

Post by admin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Can you please copy the hcidump utility to your phone (see above)? With version 1.2 you should then be able to create HCI logs from within the rSAP settings screen. Then please send me a log from a normal connection and if possible try to force a phone book transfer if that's possible somehow.

Did you try the updated Bluetooth.apk from here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221 ?

Post by Maverick78 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:18 pm

You have mail

Next

Return to Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus