Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
merkman

Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by merkman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Have been using the fix found here to get the PB to work between my Galaxy Nexus and 2012 Honda CR-V since I bought the car. Worked great in the past, but now that I upgraded to 4.2... swapping the BT software, the Bluetooth won't turn on.

Anyone else having this problem? Will we need an updated version of the BT stack or ?

Any help is appreciated. Not being able to use my phone with my car SUCKS. May upgrade to a Galaxy Note II if it doesn't have similar issues, and have the better battery life to boot.

tiefimwesten

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by tiefimwesten » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Jap, I've the same problem. After the update to JB 4.2, it's not possible to activate bluetooth.

BuzzMania

Post by BuzzMania » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey Guys!

For me the PBAP installation and the rSAP installer doesn't work since i flashed 4.2 :cry:

BuzzMania

Post by BuzzMania » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm

I found out that root via toolkit 9.1.0 doesnt work. Thats why the installation doesnt work for me. I have to find out how to get root access without having cwm.

merkman

Post by merkman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:12 pm

I still have root access, but moving the old apk file and removing the odex one doesn't resolve the problem like it used to.

I know I'm needy, but I'm hopeful the admin can help us out with an updated version of bluetooth.apk that once again resolves the issue. I just don't have the knowledge to do it myself, and it doesn't seem many people out there do, or they aren't worried about the problem.

I've considered buying a Galaxy Note II if it WILL resolve the problem, but as it's a Samsung phone too... I'm highly worried it will have the EXACT same issue. Though since it's not up to 4.2 yet, I suppose I can unlock, root, and install the old version for 4.1 and get it working with the car.

You have no idea how much you love that functionality until its gone. I got SO frustrated with a call going between car and phone on Saturday night!!! GRRR.

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi,
JB4.2-bugs reported by androidpolice.com:

Bluetooth Is Basically Broken
Known affected devices: Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus.

Documented? Android bugs [1] [2], XDA [1] [2], Google+.

We've already received numerous emails about this issue, and I've confirmed it myself: Bluetooth on everything but the Nexus 4 (apparently) is in an absolutely sorry state right now. Audio streams extremely choppily, sounds mediocre, and often loses connectivity entirely. 3rd party Bluetooth apps that create compatibility with devices like the Sixaxis or Wii controllers no longer function at all, and throw an error instead.

I've downgraded to JB4.1.2..

Ingo

matzo

Post by matzo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:15 pm

tiefimwesten wrote:I've downgraded to JB4.1.2..

Ingo
Hi,

How to do the downgrade to 4.1.2? I've got the same problem, bluetooth doesn't work at all.

Thanks, matzo

tiefimwesten

Post by tiefimwesten » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi,

How to do the downgrade to 4.1.2? I've got the same problem, bluetooth doesn't work at all.

Thanks, matzo
Hi,

@matzo
rough, with the GN toolkit :( . Back to stock 4.1.2 with CWM-Recovery. Fortunately, I made a CWM- backup and a copy of the sdcard before 'upgrade' to 4.2. So, it has only been a restore 'n copy job. Otherwise, it has been a complete new install of all app's with data loss.

@BuzzMania
Kann dir nicht antworten. Aktiviere bitte pn's in deinem Account.

Ingo

BuzzMania

Post by BuzzMania » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 pm

tiefimwesten wrote:Hi,
JB4.2-bugs reported by androidpolice.com:

Bluetooth Is Basically Broken
Known affected devices: Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus.

Documented? Android bugs [1] [2], XDA [1] [2], Google+.

We've already received numerous emails about this issue, and I've confirmed it myself: Bluetooth on everything but the Nexus 4 (apparently) is in an absolutely sorry state right now. Audio streams extremely choppily, sounds mediocre, and often loses connectivity entirely. 3rd party Bluetooth apps that create compatibility with devices like the Sixaxis or Wii controllers no longer function at all, and throw an error instead.

I've downgraded to JB4.1.2..

Ingo
That doesn't sound Good!!! :cry:

I haven't root my GN Till now after flashing 4.2, because (as I already mentioned) I'm still searching for a way to root withouth CWM for being able to update via OTA in the future. only reason for me to root is the rsap-App.

A few hours ago I tried to connect my GN 4.2 to my VW Premium and it. worked. So I will check if rsap will work for me in 4.2 after I found a way to root withouth CWM ;) (Sorry for being still a noob, I'm trying to learn and to get better)

matzo

Post by matzo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 pm

BuzzMania wrote: A few hours ago I tried to connect my GN 4.2 to my VW Premium and it. worked.
Really with Jelly Bean 4.2? I'm not able just to turn on bluetooth. It is simply off and it does not work at all. Other people report that BT works on their SGN.

Thus, I suspect that issue is somehow due to the fact that I run this rSAP app before on 4.1.2. It would be great if the admin could check this out. Does the SGN save any logs about BT activities? Where?

Thanks for looking into this.

matzo

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”