Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
BuzzMania
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by BuzzMania » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 am

Yes for me Bluetooth works in 4.2 (unrooted at the moment).

I also had installed the rsap APP under 4.1.2. But before flashing to 4.2 i made a factory / data wipe because of a failure at my folder structure. Maybe this solved the Problem you guys have now.

Update:
Ok guys I found a way to root without having CWM. Rsap Installation worked and now I will test if connection between car and GN will work.

The PBAP Installation doesnt work at the moment for me, it says it is because of 4.2. Hopefully the admin will update this file soon!? 8-)

Update 2:
My GN and my VW Premium tried to connect via rsap and everything startetd usual (a notification with a small sim-card symbol in front in the status bar of my GN appears and says "connected to vw phone" like it always did when it connected via rsap). But after a few seconds of trying to get connectivity, it connects only via HFP. I tried it several times but it always connects via HFP.

Bluetooth via HSP and and A2DP (playing music) for me works under 4.2, also the root access works finally by flashing SuperSU. But it seems like the rsap app and PBAP doesn't work under 4.2 currently.

matzo
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by matzo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:10 pm

I didn't do a wipe before updating. I just deinstalled the rSAP system files, than temporarily unrooted the SGN. After that the OTA update worked fine, except that I got a short error message after installing rSAP system files. Now I have uninstalled it but bluetooth doesn't work at all.

Hopefully someone can point to the bluetooth problem, maybe I need just to replace a few files. If not I only have the option of a complete factory reset, reloading all the updates until 4.1.2. Very ugly :cry:

BuzzMania
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by BuzzMania » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:54 pm

BuzzMania wrote:Yes for me Bluetooth works in 4.2 (unrooted at the moment).

I also had installed the rsap APP under 4.1.2. But before flashing to 4.2 i made a factory / data wipe because of a failure at my folder structure. Maybe this solved the Problem you guys have now.

Update:
Ok guys I found a way to root without having CWM. Rsap Installation worked and now I will test if connection between car and GN will work.

The PBAP Installation doesnt work at the moment for me, it says it is because of 4.2. Hopefully the admin will update this file soon!? 8-)

Update 2:
My GN and my VW Premium tried to connect via rsap and everything startetd usual (a notification with a small sim-card symbol in front in the status bar of my GN appears and says "connected to vw phone" like it always did when it connected via rsap). But after a few seconds of trying to get connectivity, it connects only via HFP. I tried it several times but it always connects via HFP.

Bluetooth via HSP and and A2DP (playing music) for me works under 4.2, also the root access works finally by flashing SuperSU. But it seems like the rsap app and PBAP doesn't work under 4.2 currently.
Update 4:
About 30 minutes ago I drove by car again and rsap worked!

matzo
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by matzo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

BuzzMania wrote: Update 4:
About 30 minutes ago I drove by car again and rsap worked!
Here's what I just found on Chip.de:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=34&p=3318


21.11.2012, 15:32
Android 4.2: Massive Bugs auf allen Nexus-Geräten

Bluetooth unbrauchbar, zahllose Abstürze

Auf allen 4.2-Geräten, außer dem Nexus 4, zeigt sich Bluetooth gänzlich defekt. Wie etwa im Forum der XDA-Developers berichtet wird, sind Audio-Streams via Drahtlosfunk qualitativ unerträglich und instabil. Bluetooth-Apps von Drittanbietern funktionieren gar nicht mehr.


Are you sure you are using rSAP an Android 4.2??

- matzo

matzo
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by matzo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Sorry, here's the correct link:

http://www.chip.de/news/Android-4.2-Mas ... 22538.html

- matzo

BuzzMania
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by BuzzMania » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:17 pm

matzo wrote:Are you sure you are using rSAP an Android 4.2??

- matzo
Yes I am, I will make a foto of it. I have a GN maguro - yakju running on 4.2 with root and rsap.

And rSAP seems now to work constant. Only the PBAPInstall isn't working for me.

BuzzDee
Last edited by BuzzMania on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tiefimwesten
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by tiefimwesten » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi,

wunderful, that it seems to work. For me, I will wait with upgrading to JB4.2 until there are patches for all this leaks.

@Buzzdee: sorry, that I didn't answered immediatly. I didn't found the time to answer yesterday and today. But you found the way by your own... 8-)

Ingo

BuzzMania
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by BuzzMania » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Here are my screenshots
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-11-22-17-40-22.png
Screenshot_2012-11-22-17-40-22.png (62.77 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Screenshot_2012-11-22-17-39-10.png
Screenshot_2012-11-22-17-39-10.png (116.43 KiB) Viewed 2960 times

IooLex
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by IooLex » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi,
i flashed the 4.2 factory image from Google. After i rooted again. This was difficult because all the toolkits doesnt work (no errors during root-process, but the APP root-checker says that the phone is not rooted). So check if your phone is really rooted with the root-checker APP from the market. R-Sap for me works (tried a few times), only installing the PB.apk there comes a message that PB not work with 4.2.

So rsap for me works fine
PB dont work (i hope for an update Form admin)

THX, IooLex

IooLex
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Installed 4.2, and now the old PB fix doesn't work. :(

Post by IooLex » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:20 pm

conclusion:
r-sap runs only until you copy manual the bluetooth.apk to the /system/app (PBAP.apk is not work at all) and delete the bluetooth.odex. After that you can turn on Bluetooth bit nothing happens.

So i use in the mean time r-sap without Phonebook with the original bluetooth.apk and bluetooth.odex until the admin give us a new bluetooth.apk working under 4.2

IooLex

Post Reply

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”