Disconnect every few minutes

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
guidoquiram

Re: Disconnect every few minutes

Post by guidoquiram » Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi,

same Problem here: Nexus , with latest OS and rSAP Drivers as well with latest SW:

Frequent disconnects around 1 min after connecting the phone with or without active phone call; looks to me that the percentage of disconnects increased during the latest rSAP SW updates; now are 50% when connecting the phone to the car.

disabling and enabling bluetooth at the car (VW Toaureg, latest model) solves the Problem in 95% of the cases; thereafter I have a stable Connection (while not changing anything at the phone during the disabling and enabling at the car).

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Guido

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Does the phone connect at all? Perhaps the car tries for a minute before it gives up?

If it works after Bluetooth off/on it sounds like the "leaked socket" bug in Android 4.2. If the phone is idle the rSAP service is regularly killed and restartet by Android which leaks one of a total of ca. 30 sockets each time. The frequency also depends on how many background services you have running on your phone.

I tried to find a way to avoid the killing of the service, because it also causes (smaller) problems on other phones, but so far I have no solution. Maybe I'll have to create a permanent notification icon.

guidoquiram

Post by guidoquiram » Mon May 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi,

phone connects at all i.e. there are also around 50% Connection that work well from beginning (and continue working while driving) - so great tool!

Turning off/on Bluetooth on the phone fixes the Problem at 95% of the cases (as well as turning off/on Bluetooth on the car).

I right now see that I picked the Nexus Forum while having a Nexus S - sorry for that!

Best, Guido

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 20, 2013 6:43 pm

If you have Android 4.0.x you don't have the leaked socket problem. Maybe the coming rSAP version will work better. It will prevent that Android kills the service randomly.

Did you already try to activate the "wake lock" option?

The-Driver

Post by The-Driver » Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 pm

What if you keep the rSAP app open? This solved my problem described in a separate thread.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 24, 2013 7:29 am

That does basically the same as setting the service to foreground priority. But you have to remember to open the app each time before you enter the car.

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”