Android 4.3 RSAP Golf Mk7 2014

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
GolfDriver

Re: Android 4.3 RSAP Golf Mk7 2014

Post by GolfDriver » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I tried it with the new 4.3 lib but sadly it doesn't help, it's the same as with the 4.2 lib. In 6 out of 8 tries the handy connects in hf-profile and i have to manually tell the car to establish the rSAP connection :cry:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:13 am

Can you please create some more HCI logs of successful rSAP connections and of connections where you first had Handsfree and then switch to rSAP? I still think a Handsfree connection only happens when there is some problem with rSAP.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:43 pm

I can't find any reason why the car doesn't use rSAP. It asks for the "Profile Descriptor List" and gets a proper answer, but sometimes simply does not ask for the rSAP "Protocol Desriptor List", which it needs to find the channel number.

One strange thing is that it asks 3 times for the Phonebook Access Profile "Protocol Desriptor List" when it finally uses rSAP, and 4 times when it uses handsfree :shock: Once would be enough... For me this looks like a bug in the VW Premium software, but I can't look inside it. Do you have another rSAP compatible phone to test with, preferrably an old Nokia?

GolfDriver

Post by GolfDriver » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I think you're right!
I tested the car with my unmodified galaxy s and it showed the same behaviour :-(
This is realy unsatisfying! Getting VW to update the system will be really hard i guess....

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:02 pm

You shouldn't be the only one having these problems. And it's not acceptable, so I guess they will fix it. The only question is how to finally get the fix on your device. Update processes don't work very smooth in the automotive business...

GolfDriver

Post by GolfDriver » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 am

I also think this is not acceptable, but if you read the offical vw premium compatibility sheet:
http://www.volkswagen.de/content/medial ... sliste.pdf
The say that if you use an Galaxy S it's normal that it looses the connection and you have to manually reestablish it...
So for them it seems like totaly acceptable...
I noticed this behaviour with my Galaxy S and Galaxy Nexus and mostly the car reconnects in hfp instead of rSAP.
Also establishing the connection to the car takes about 30 seconds and sometimes the car doesn't see the phone for about 5 Minutes before starting to connect.
What keeps me wondering is that if you have an Nokia 6720 classic for example they don't write something about sudden connection losses. So the VW Premium must be capable of maintaining a stable connection. Is it after all still an android problem?!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:49 am

You never know... But I don't think so. The compatibility sheet is for the "old" Premium (2011). Since I added the notification icon in my app (foreground service) I never had any unwanted Handsfree connection when entering the car. Your Premium doesn't even query for rSAP in the error case, that's different.

For me the "old" Premium is notorious for accepting all those little glitches of the phones or the SIM cards, in contrast e.g. to the Audi "connect" device. I think it's a good practice to be forgiving when programming ("defensive"), so I don't understand why VW goes a step back. I guess the new Premium comes from a different supplier. I'd tell the VW dealer about your problem, he should at least forward it to VW.

It would be nice if someone could test the Golf 7 Premium with an old Nokia, because they still are the benchmark when it comes to rSAP.

GolfDriver

Post by GolfDriver » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Hello,

i know it's been a while since you asked for testing the Golf 7 Premium with an Nokia but i finally got my hands on one :D
So far (testing it about 2 weeks) i had no loss of the rsap connection. Every time i get into the car the Nokia connects as rsap - fine!

My Nexus 5 on the other hand just as my old galaxy nexus still have the loss of the rsap connection every now and then.

What i have tested so far:
Galaxy Nexus (2 different SIM-Cards from T-Mobile & 1 from o2)
Nexus 5 with a new SIM-Card from T-Mobile
Nokia 3710 with an o2 SIM-Card

so both Nexus have the Problem independent from the used SIM-Card while the Nokia does not :cry:
Is there any other new information regarding this (annoying) problem?

talal

:(

Post by talal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Please help me !!

I bought note 3 with android 4.3 and my car is jetta 2010 with Premium RCD 510 >
Every time to pair my phone with car : i need to turn off the bluetooth in my phone ,then turn it on again and make connect in my car to make Phone System work !!
i need your help for this problem > i dont want to do that evrey time i drive my car !!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:56 pm

I don't have an idea why that may happen. What happens when you don't switch off/on Bluetooth? It simply doesn't connect? Or does it connect and immediately diosconnect? You are using Samsung rSAP?

Return to “Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus”