Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy Note

Samsung Galaxy Note

Post by claudiodm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:43 pm

It works on this model?
thanks
Claudio

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note

Post by admin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:19 pm

It seems that the Galaxy Note supports rSAP with the stock Samsung ROM, like the Galaxy S II. So you need my app only when you install a custom ROM.

Post by furchheim » Sun May 13, 2012 10:34 pm

With the official ICS update (4.03, kernel XXLPY, German version, no branding) this model looses rsap :-(

But the good news is, rSAP for Android works very well in combination with my Volkswagen RN510!

Addressbook sync works also fine (with the same bugs the original Samsungs rsap implementation in Android 2.3.x had: addresses with additional data (like emailadr. or pictures) are not synced).

Rooting the Note was easy: took the way given in
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... tcount=349

Shame on Samsung for this undocumented change - and many, many thanks for this great app to the developers of rSAP for Android!!!

Regards & thanks,
Uwe

Post by cmsgarb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi,

I have a question concerning rSAP on a Galaxy Note in combination with ICS 4.0.3. and a Volkswagen Premium FSE (RNS510, Passat 3C dated 2.2009). Now with rSAP the FSE properly connects to the Note. I can dial a number in the screen of the RNS 510 but then after approximately 15s there appears a message in the display of the RNS 510 that the phone is initializing and then the connection to the FSE suddenly is lost. It does not automatically reconnect to the FSE. To reconnect I have to command the reconnection via the Bluetooth Menu in the MVA. When I then try to dial the same procedure starts again. Is there a chance to overcome this issue?

Best Regards

Christian

Post by admin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Did this already happen before the Android 4 update?

Is the call started or does the Bluetooth connection abort before dialing? Are incoming calls working? Can you please create a "main" log of that problem?

Post by cmsgarb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I got the car on friday and never thus tested before updating to 4.0.3.
I never was able to start the call, the connection alway aborted before. It also aborts after approx. 15s when I do not try to do anything. Regarding the main Log, I will try how this works.

Best Regards

Christian

Post by cmsgarb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi,

I think I resolved the issue: I authorized the FSE to synchronize the Phone Book and doing this I clicked on the check box "do not ask again". Everytime the phone book is synchronized, the FSE has some issues and the connection is lost. Due to the permanent authorisation to do so I effectively was not able to get a stable connection. I removed the FSE in the BT Menu of the Galaxy Note and paired again but this time I did not authorize the phone book sync and now the connection is stable.

Best Regards

Christian

Post by admin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Did you root your phone? Then you may try my Bluetooth.apk from here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=221. If this still has the problem I will do my best to find the reason.

Post by cmsgarb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 am

Hi,

sorry for not answering. I did not root the phone but I imported my contacts from a different phone and was happy.

In the meantime I got an Update on Android 4.0.4. and now I have the issue, that I can no more connect via Bluetooth. After the update I reinstalled RSAP 2.1 as I got a message in the app that it is not properly installed. This message disappeared after reinstallation, nevertheless there is a failure when I try to connect to my car. Do you have a hint how to overcome this issue?

Best Regards

Christian

Post by admin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:47 pm

The update to 4.0.4 contains Samsung rSAP again. Try to uninstall the system files and the app, you should still have rSAP connection. If you want to keep using my solution you will have to wait for the next installer app version (2.1.2) or manually rename the file /system/lib/bluez-plugin/sap.so to sap.so.orig with Root Explorer or similar tool.

Next

Return to Samsung Galaxy Note N7000