It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:46 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.0.4

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy Note

Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.0.4

Post by furchheim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:03 am

Hello,

yesterday Samsung offered an OTA update for my Note: ICS 4.0.4.

And this new version contains rSAP again in the stock firmware (same as for the SII)!

During the update all bluetooth pairings are deleted. But after re-pairing it works with my Volkswagen RNS510.

But... the rSAP implementation behaves identically to the old one on Gingerbread: all my contacts with an email-adr. are no longer transferred to my car :-( Very bad!!!

I tried the following combinations to solve this - without success:

- replacing Bluetooth.apk without installing rSAP: bluetooth connection takes very long und gives a headset connection only. Re-pairing and reboots didn't change this.

- replacing Bluetooth.apk and installing rSAP (paid version, and yes, I enabled it): still only a headset connection possible (re-pairing and rebooting both devices does not change this). I generated log files from this (main and radio, no hbci) - if this could help, please advise how to send them.

Is there a chance to get your great rSAP working together with your modified "Phone Book Access Protocol" again?

That would be fantastic!

If any additional testing / logging etc. could help or is needed, please advice too.

Thanks in advance,
Uwe

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.0.4

Post by Paraendurist » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:31 pm

I have now exactly the same problem . and I need a solution to it urgently . Please help. :oops:

Post by admin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:45 pm

If you install a system update the modified Bluetooth.apk might have been overwritten with an original Samsung version. It is always a good idea to uninstall the Bluetooth.apk before starting the update. This will make sure you have a clean system to install Bluetooth.apk again.

If the update is done without uninstall you may have the following files in /system/app:

Code: Select all
Bluetooth.apk       = updated Samsung file
Bluetooth.odex      = updated Samsung file
Bluetooth.apk.orig  = old Samsung file
Bluetooth.odex.orig = old Samsung file

If you now run the PBAP installer app the Bluetooth.apk file is replaced with the updated one, but the Bluetooth.odex is not deleted. Deleting this file e.g. with Root Explorer or some other tool that can delete system files should fix the problems.

Post by furchheim » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 am

Hello "admin",

thanks for your answer - great to see your support!

But as "Paraendurist" already wrote in the threat "PBAP on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000", this isn't the solution on my Note too :-(

I used Bluetooth.apk for ICS from thread "Update for Bluetooth.apk".

During the upgrade from ICS 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 this file got replaced by a version from Samsung (without de-installing your version first).

During my tests I renamed Bluetooth.apk and Bluetooth.odex to *.orig and copied your version of Bluetooth.apk only.

Results exactly as "Paraendurist" wrote: after installing your Bluetooth.apk, rSAP from Samsung stopped working :-( It took very long to connect the mobile and I got only headset not rSAP...

Any other idea for testing???

Thanks in advance,
Uwe

Post by Paraendurist » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I think the solution to the problem shold be deinstalling the rsap module from samsung and installing the one from admin because tthe modified pbap is still working. The only prob remaining is that pbap mod does not work with samsung orig rsap and mod rsap does not install and work correctly when samsung rsap is not removed. I dont know which files are responsible for samsung rsap so i cannot deinstall them
your help would be much appreciated regards
Ps it still seems that your solution can earn money for you because the samsung implementation whithout working phonebook is useless.
B7t there is a further requirement from my side. You should find a solution which prevents with an on off button the change of the synch file because all the shortcuts on car telephone are deleted all the time

Post by admin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:09 pm

I checked the original Bluetooth.apk and found it contains rSAP code. So when you replace it you break the Samsung rSAP code :(

So currently you cannot replace Bluetooth.apk to fix phonebook issues. I'm not sure if replacing Bluetooth.apk completely kills the Samsung rSAP, so it may cause problems with my app. Still need more research...

@Paraendurist: I don't understand your requirement. Can you explain further?

Post by Paraendurist » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 pm

I made some investigations on how the rsap works with pbap on the VW cars and Phones.
When the phone is hooked up the car does a comparison between the last phonebook and the new one. when there is found a difference the difference is synched which would be gould.
but
there is a shortcut list of six often used numbers which resides in the car. When any item has changed in the phonebook on the phone this list of shortcuts is deleted and you have to key it in again. I did not find which little changes in the phonebook result in a resynch because I have stopped it from synching to my pc it still does and so every day my shortlist is gone
I would love to have a possibility to keep this list alive.

Regards Paraendurist

I would love to have your rsap solution back because at the moment i help myself with your pbap solution by sacrificing rsap this is sad

Post by furchheim » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 am

Hello admin, hello Paraendurist,

@admin: thanks for your investigation on this - let's hope that there is a solution possible...

@Paraendurist: I'm also using the Samsung Note connected to a Volkswagen: I own a RNS510 premium in a Passat build 12/2011.

But in may car the six shortcuts are independent from the pbap sync! Even after loosing most of my contacts during the first sync after ICS 4.0.4 installation the shortcuts stayed untouched. And the contact data from the shortcuts was also deleted during this sync...

Since December I only lost the shortcuts after repairing the bluetooth connection (after major Android updates).

No idea, why this is different in your car (how old? which hardware?).

Regards,
Uwe

Post by Paraendurist » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:30 am

I have a skoda superb 2 months old with rsap premium installed Radio bolero. The 6 shortcuts have been never preserved until now after resynchs
Regards :?

Post by admin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:59 pm

I only have a RNS310 which does not offer these shortcuts - at least I did not find them yet.

I can only explain that the data transferred from phone to car via PBAP is in fact a text file containing all contacts coded like VCF files. If you don't change a contact, there is no change in the VCF data for this contact, i.e. there is no magic identifier or something that may change without changing data. The shortcuts are definitely not stored in this data, this is only done in the RNS. So I don't understand why the RNS always destroys the shortcut list.

In the meantime I have a deeper (not deep...) understanding how the "new" Samsung rSAP works. The heart of the implementation is a BlueZ plugin, just like it's meant to be done. When I started this looked too difficult for me to understand... Chapeau, Samsung! If you want to get rid of the Samsung rSAP it is enough to rename the plugin file /system/lib/bluez-plugin/sap.so with Root Explorer or similar tool. This should not have any other unwanted side effects. I will add that option to the next installer version.

Next

Return to Samsung Galaxy Note N7000