It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:53 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Paired, but not connected...

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy Note

Paired, but not connected...

Post by glouis » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 am

Hi y'all,

BT connection issues in my car are beginning to driving me mad!
Here's my config :
- Car : Nissan Qashqai with Connect system (entry level system developped with Bosch)
- Cell phone : Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 under ICS 4.0.3 stock, not rooted (kernel : XXLPY)

I tried several times to connect the phone properly :
- pairing is ok, both for music and phone, contacts book is retrieved correctly into the Nissan Connect.
- Next time I get into the car, the phone won't connect automatically. If I try to connect using the Nissan interface, I get an error. If I try on the phone... sometimes it works, sometimes not!
- When the connection is OK, I see the contacts and all, but a few minutes later, it deconnects automatically, even when I'm on the phone with someone.
I tried different ways for pairing : with or without accepting the request from the Nissan system to retrieve the contacts.

So I discovered your Bluetooth Phonebook app and bought it. I erased the pairing, both on the phone and the car, paired them again, and refused the request from the Nissan system about the contacts.
It worked, a few seconds later I got the contacts retrieved... but alas, a few minutes later the connection was broken again!

I saw this post : http://forum.android-rsap.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=390
but before I do that, I just wanted to be sure I am not doing a mistake...
I must precise I cannot root my phone : it is my personal phone, but I use it on professional purpose as well ("Bring Your Own Device" policy in my company) using an app called Good for Enterprise that provides a crypted container for pro mails and contacts. That app can't run on a rooted phone (my company's security policy).

Thank in advance for your help guys!

Re: Paired, but not connected...

Post by admin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 pm

My rSAP app will not help you, because Nissan does not support rSAP. Try to find information in Nissan specific boards.

Return to Samsung Galaxy Note N7000