It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Note 2 / Mercedes SAP

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy Note

Note 2 / Mercedes SAP

Post by ikke » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi there,

I have a Samsung Note2 (android V 4.1.2), a Mercedes C-class('08) with command and the 386 etc. and a craddle SAP V3
Each separate is nice, but the together it isn't.
I can connect by using SAP.
Connection holds for about 3 minutes (in which time I can use the phone by rSAP over the car).
After these 3 minutes it disconnects itself and starts to connect again. This repeats after that continiously.

Several times I paired again.
I paired with only rSAP aswell as with acces to the connections and phonebook (PBAP I guess).
I already deleted the connections- and phonebook-data from the car-commandsystem.
There seems no way to hold the connection for longer than these about 3 minutes.

I asked Samsung. Please all of you, dont do that again. To keep this polite: they don't go for first grade consumers satisfaction.
I asked Mercedes too, but they pointed at Samsung.
Yes, right, this is a circle.

Is there anyone who succeeded and know how to fix this?
Last edited by ikke on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Android 4.2 rsap does not work with Mercedes UHI any mor

Post by admin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:24 pm

You are in the wrong forum, I'll move this to the "Note" forum.

A disconnect after 3 minutes sounds like a Bluetooth power save issue. The connection works during the first 3 minutes? Or is it probably a long timeout because the SIM access doesn't work at all? You can make phone calls in the first 3 minutes? If it is a power save issue the connection may be stable when you prevent power save modes, e.g. by charging the phone in the car or keeping the display switched on. Then the Bluetooth Keep Alive app may help you.

If charging or keeping the display on does not help it is hard to find out what goes wrong without a HCI log. This is only possible with a rooted phone.

Re: Android 4.2 rsap does not work with Mercedes UHI any mor

Post by ikke » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:32 pm

admin wrote:You are in the wrong forum, I'll move this to the "Note" forum.
Sorry to have caused any trouble. But at this moment I can't find it back in the Note-forum.

A disconnect after 3 minutes sounds like a Bluetooth power save issue. The connection works during the first 3 minutes?
Or is it probably a long timeout because the SIM access doesn't work at all? You can make phone calls in the first 3 minutes?
Yes it works at that moment. And yes, I can make a phonecall.

If it is a power save issue the connection may be stable when you prevent power save modes, e.g. by charging the phone in the car or keeping the display switched on. Then the Bluetooth Keep Alive app may help you.
I've kept it alive and after your advise I tried to keep it stable by charging the pone. sorry to say that it didn't work.

If charging or keeping the display on does not help it is hard to find out what goes wrong without a HCI log. This is only possible with a rooted phone.

Sorry, but I think I'm not allowed to root it.
Would this be the end of story?

Re: Note 2 / Mercedes SAP

Post by admin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:42 am

If you have your phone paired and you can make phone calls I don't think you did anything wrong. When the connection aborts it can have several reasons which may be visible in a HCI log, but this requires root. Maybe you see some suspicious output in a "logcat" log e.g. created with the catlog app.

Another "popular" reason for disconnect is the phonebook transfer. Since your connection stays up for 3 minutes it may be too late for this problem, but you may try: remove all pairing from car and phone and do a fresh pairing. This time do not allow phonebook access. If the connection is stable now something inside the phonebook trips up the car.

Return to Samsung Galaxy Note N7000