No pairing with SpazeDog ICS possible or ICS in general?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire
hitchhiker

No pairing with SpazeDog ICS possible or ICS in general?

Post by hitchhiker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Hello everyone,

first of all, I used this great piece of software previously on my Desire, running LeeDroid 3.3.3 R5 GB to pair it with the VW Premium successfully and it has been connecting and working in an awesome way! :)
Second, ever since the support, when needed, also has been awesome, no matter if via mail or here, as I realize now. :)

So I hope you can help me out here with my problem, too! :mrgreen:
Recently I decided to look into installing ICS:
First I tried this ROM and RSAP worked shortly, coming directly from GB, with version 2.4 of the ROM, but the ROM was and is, at least in all my tried versions of the ROM (2.4, 2.5, 3.2), not stable enough.
So I went for this configuration and installation of my, I give you all that, old but good Desire :P :
HTC Desire GSM (bravo) PVT1 S-OFF, 32GB microSD Class 10 (1.5GB ext4, 512MB swap), 4EXT Recovery (most recent),
Alpharev's Data++ HBOOT, radio 5.17.05.23 (most recent), SpazeDog ICS 0.9.0 Update 1 (successor of BCM rom).

After a few attempts with erroneously activating ext3/4 journaling support :geek: *facepalm* which crashed the ext partition obviously, I succeeded with moving applications, dalvik cache, system dalvik cache and cache (last one due to Data++ partition image) to the ext4 in the ROM's very own disk manager and it is running well. :D

The only thing is: no Bluetooth coupling possible anymore with my VW Premium, they both do not see each other even.
I tried it without installing the system files and activating RSAP (default state of the ROM) and with the two of them.
I replaced the original Bluetooth.apk with the one I found on this website.
I tried deleting /system/bin/rsaputil as suggested for another ICS ROM image.
I installed a "fix" for the audio.conf I found in the xda developers' boards.
Of course I kept backups of all files replaced, because I do not want to have to go through installing everything again from scratch. ;)

Finally, I apologize for this rather lengthy post, but I wanted to add everything I tried until now. Any real help is greatly appreciated. :D

Greetings!
Christopher

admin
Site Admin

Re: No pairing with SpazeDog ICS possible or ICS in general?

Post by admin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:40 pm

This seems to be a general Bluetooth problem of this special ROM. My app is working on the Evervolv Turba Desire ROMs with Jelly Bean 4.1, it's never a problem of the Android version.

hitchhiker

Post by hitchhiker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 pm

admin wrote:This seems to be a general Bluetooth problem of this special ROM. My app is working on the Evervolv Turba Desire ROMs with Jelly Bean 4.1, it's never a problem of the Android version.
Okay, thank you anyway for your quick answer! :) 8-)
That is just what I feared after wading through the entire thread of this ROM at xda... :evil: Oh well, easy come, easy go... :roll:

I take it, you mean for instance Evervolv Turba 3.1.0.p1 available at Nikez's website ?
I remember having read something here about one thing not working anymore with Jelly Bean 4.2+, but not what that was...

Greetings,
Christopher

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

If your phone was working with LeeDroid it should also work with 4.2. Although if I had to choose, I'd take 4.1. 4.2 has several general problems with Bluetooth.

hitchhiker

Post by hitchhiker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm

admin wrote:If your phone was working with LeeDroid it should also work with 4.2. Although if I had to choose, I'd take 4.1. 4.2 has several general problems with Bluetooth.
Hello again! :|
I regret I used Evervolv Turba 3.1.0p1 which I downloaded here and checked with MD5, then installed it, but yet still "no love", i.e. there is no possibility to find my handsfree-kit (VW Premium) from the cell phone or vice versa. But I can find and pair the cell phone as media player and that has always been the case.
To be absolutely sure both cell phone's and handsfree-kit's hardware are still okay and functional, as I could still claim warranty on the handsfree-kit ;), I made a test flash of LeeDroid again and installed only absolutely necessary things including your software: Entered the car, activated ignition, activated bluetooth on the cell phone, made it visible and let the handsfree-kit search and voilà, there it was. I paired and connected without problem and the phonebook was synchronized, too, all as it should be.

So it would be really helpful, if you told me exactly, which ROM image for Android 4.1.x you were meaning that is working with your software and hardware, please?! Perhaps with a link to a place to download it, please, as I would really love to use my cell phone with newer software, without certificate issues popping up all the time and your great software! :)

Or could this bluetooth problem be a hardware revision issue in the end?? As I had written already, my Desire is PVT1...
I know, perhaps it is time to upgrade to a shiny new quad-core device, but I would like to use the Desire then anyway at least as phone in the car (which would be absolutely possible with LeeDroid, granted ;) )...

Thanks in advance! :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 pm

I have it running with exactly version 3.1.0p1. I remember that first it did not work. I changed the Bluetooth name (because I didn't like the name "Bluez") and after that it worked. It still shows a strange icon when connected to my PC, not a phone, but a box that looks like a fridge.

I also have PVT1.

hitchhiker

Post by hitchhiker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 pm

admin wrote:I have it running with exactly version 3.1.0p1. I remember that first it did not work. I changed the Bluetooth name (because I didn't like the name "Bluez") and after that it worked. It still shows a strange icon when connected to my PC, not a phone, but a box that looks like a fridge.

I also have PVT1.
Umm, okay, then I must have been doing something wrong. I had changed 'BlueZ' to my standard BT name as well, but that did not change anything; perhaps I had accidentally restored with TB Pro your software including its settings, despite not wanting to, but rather installing it fresh from PlayStore... :oops: :?

By coincidence, I read at XDA other users of your software had been successful with using it on CronMod 2.1.0, which is Android 4.0.4 of course, but they told everything to be working.
I went that way, too, and now everything is running okay for me. Only the battery drain on CronMod seems to be considerably higher compared to Evervolv Turba 3.1.0p1 (very strange, I changed/decreased performance settings and battery performance did not change much anyway), so I guess I will make a backup of this usable system and start from scratch again with Evervolv Turba 3.1.0p1. :roll: :geek:

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Perhaps you have a different VW Premium box than I have (2011). There is something wrong with the Bluetooth setting in the Evervolv ROM. I guess it doesn't announce itself as "phone" but as something else (fridge? ;) ).

My Premium doesn't care about it, perhaps your's does not accept it.

My software does not have any settings that may cause the described issue. But you should not restore Bluetooth settings with TB.

hitchhiker

Post by hitchhiker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:18 pm

admin wrote:Perhaps you have a different VW Premium box than I have (2011). There is something wrong with the Bluetooth setting in the Evervolv ROM. I guess it doesn't announce itself as "phone" but as something else (fridge? ;) ).

My Premium doesn't care about it, perhaps your's does not accept it.
Possible, yes. My car was built 2010, but the RNS510 was replaced for free 2011/2012 due to a warranty issue (repeated complete lockups with the necessity to hard-reboot it). I do not know, if the BT adapter is included in the RNS?
My software does not have any settings that may cause the described issue. But you should not restore Bluetooth settings with TB.
I only made that error once to restore system settings from a backup on another setup. :) The system did not reboot anyway so I had to start over again...

hitchhiker

Post by hitchhiker » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Okay, update from my side: I tried again using Evervolv Turba 3.1.0p1 and everything went okay installing everything from PlayStore this time; :D only due to the quite frequent complete (!) wipes and setups I forgot this time to restore the Android ID with Titanium before installing all apps from PlayStore but afterwards, so your 'Bluetooth Phonebook' app I previously had purchased as well (to prevent any phonebook sync problems) refused to work with a 'License check failed'; I guess that happened because PlayStore gave it the new ID and not the "history of IDs".
But I restored it via TB to the state before the wipe and now it seems to be working.

Thanks for the help!! :) My Desire has seldom been running as smooth as now... :lol:

Return to “HTC Desire”