error after activating Bluetooth (with Phonebook App)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC Desire
nurri

error after activating Bluetooth (with Phonebook App)

Post by nurri » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:02 pm

I am very satisfied with rSAP since many months. Every time I use my car my Desire connects immediately to bluetooth system of my BMW. Unfortunatly my phonebook entries were never transferred to my car. I used a work around by transferring my contacts to SIM card of my phone because all SIM contacts will be carried to the car phonebook. But the character length of all entries is limited to 18 chars - many entries are cut at the end.

The other week I tried the trial version of Phonebook App and it works fine for me. Therefore I bought the full version but it failed. Every time I activate bluetooth I get the message:

Tut uns leid
Die Anwendung Bluetooth-
Freigabe (Prozess com.android.
bluetooth) wurde unerwartet
beendet. Versuchen Sie es erneut.

Bluetooth stays activated and my Desire connects to the BMW but no phonebook entries will be transferred.

Install procedure:

Before connecting my Desire with my car I deleted the Desire connection with the SAP-Snap-in-adapter. Then I repeated the whole log on procedure ...

Hope, anyone has a hint for me....

Regards
Stefan

Here my system:

BMW F07 with Professional Navigation
Desire with Cyanog 7
Bluetooth Phonebook v1.0.6
Bluetooth SIM Access Install v2.2.6
Bluetooth SIM Access Profile v2.2.1

admin
Site Admin

Re: error after activating Bluetooth (with Phonebook App)

Post by admin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:10 pm

I dug out my old Desire and tried to reproduce your problem. I also have the error message that Bluetooth.apk crashed - but it's only the PBAP service. This is deliberately killed by my phonebook app to replace it with my PBAP service. Android 2.3 seems to make some big noise when that happens... But my phonebook service works like it should.

Do you have a "last connected" message below any profile in my phonebook app?

nurri

Post by nurri » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Yes, below STATE stands "Ready" and "Last connected to GSM-SIA BMW at ...."

Could it be a problem that my SIM card keeps all phonebook entries additionally? I will try deleting it this evening when I'm at home.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 am

You can switch on logging in my app and check for yourself what exactly is transferred.

nurri

Post by nurri » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:49 pm

I deleted all SIM contacts and after connecting to my BMW the phonebook of my car remained empty.

Well I tried the whole registration procedure of my SAP adapter and my Desire again - succesless. :cry:

During the procedure at no moment I was asked for phonebook access :?: Is this right?

btw: whre is the log file located? On my SD Card exists only a .rsap folder...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 12, 2013 9:32 am

If you have my phonebook app running you will not be asked for phonebook access.

The log file should be in the .rsap folder.

I guess the SIM contacts are transferred using the rSAP profile and the PBAP transfer doesn't work for whatever reason. I hope the logs will help to find out what goes wrong.

Return to “HTC Desire”