It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:46 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

DUN modem S3

DUN modem S3

Post by blade » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi,
I installed all according to your instructions and rSAP is working perfect on my VW/RNS510/Prem with an S3 v4.04, even PBAP retrieve, not only SIM, but the modem doesnt want to work.
I put the ppp_async.ko in system\lib\modules, but this folder didnt exist on my S3, and needed to be created.
There was instead lib\modules which does contain some ko files, not working from there either and the file disapeared from there after rebooting.
My ppp state appears as "Idle"

Hope somebody can help...

Edit: from time to time it is connecting, receive IP, traffic appears, but the received bytes is 0 so practically i dont have communication incoming.

Re: DUN modem S3

Post by admin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 pm

If you open browser or maps, does it work? Do you have a media player connection between your phone and the car?

The DUN connection cannot be used for automatic sync as it seems. So you need to manually refresh emails, etc.

Post by Venjo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 pm

my question is, can i install the dun plugin also when i dont need your rsap app? (because galaxy s3 supports it now whit the stock rom)

Post by blade » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:10 pm

If you open browser or maps, does it work?
No, no incomming traffic appears on bytes received, on send are a lot.
Do you have a media player connection between your phone and the car?
No
The DUN connection cannot be used for automatic sync as it seems. So you need to manually refresh emails, etc.
I cant use any online gps map either...

It is connecting from time to time, doesnt follow any rule or trigger. Also i left the GPRS APN to empty. Nothing works :(

Post by admin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Venjo wrote:my question is, can i install the dun plugin also when i dont need your rsap app? (because galaxy s3 supports it now whit the stock rom)

I don't plan to make it a stand-alone solution, so it will only work with my app. Look for "BlueVPN" for a similar solution (without root!). It drained the battery quite fast when I tested it. Perhaps this is fixed in the meantime.

Post by admin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

blade wrote:It is connecting from time to time, doesnt follow any rule or trigger. Also i left the GPRS APN to empty. Nothing works :(

Can you please create a "main" log of a connect/disconnect and mail it to me? Switch off "rsap* filter for" main" log.

Post by blade » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 am

i will do, in the meantime i tested BlueDUN that works, but only for browser connection and google maps. Remoting or syncing dont recognize that i have some internet connection. Also it is not function as a service (auto connect) and pops up everytime i run it a message if i trust the application :) (?)
Btw, i had previosly a HTC Tytn II with Windows Mobile, 2007 technology!, rSAP worked perfectly with my car (no dropped gsm, instant modem connection, addressbook sync)... i really dont know why i drop it :) for an android 2012...

Post by Toug » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 am

I succeeded to establish the connection with BlueVPN but only the brower seems to be able to use the connection. No application, no maps.
Maybe we have to set the DNS IPs.?

Post by admin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am

Usually it should work without any additional settings - I tried yesterday. Simply connect to the modem and you have internet access. The only drawback still is that the connection is not used for automatic sychronisation. The author of BlueVPN already postet a bug report to Google

Post by Toug » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:29 pm

The behaviour I have is that I can browse but a pop-up appear in the browser saying that there is no connection. I made a google search after responding OK to the pop-up, the google search appear.

But maps or other application doesn't work. I will make a new try tonight. And maybe try your application with a AOSP build.

Did you set the APN in the premium kit or in the BlueVPN settings? I set it in the premium kit (FSE).

Next

Return to DUN Modem Plugin