It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Desire S ICS and DUN

Desire S ICS and DUN

Post by Vampyre » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi,
after getting the BT RSAP to work correctly I also installed the DUN plugin. The PPP state says idle, but when trying to use e.g. the browser the first time it seems as if something in the background is trying to get network access but then fails. Trying it again directly says that there is no network. The carkit never displays anything like a modem connection begin but the plugin does not give any hint what's going wrong - it just displays the idle message?

Re: Desire S ICS and DUN

Post by admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:28 pm

'Idle' means doing nothing. It shows an IP address if active.

What car do you want to connect with?

Post by Vampyre » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm

The car is VW, i.e. Premium FSE with part version index C.

Post by admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Are you sure this Premium version supports DUN modem? Usually the DUN plugin should try to connect to the DUN interface as soon as it's connected via rSAP.

Post by Vampyre » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:06 pm

I am absolutely sure it does as I have used it successfully in the past with my HTC Touch Pro in that way to get e-mail synchronisation when in car.

Post by admin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 am

You did not mention what kernel module you use. Are you sure it is working properly.?

Post by Vampyre » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 pm

None as config.gz tells me PPP Async support is already part of the kernel itself. If it is working properly I really cannot tell - any ideas to check that for sure?

Post by admin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 pm

You can check the logcat output.

Post by big-okieh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm having almost same issue... but from the beginning: I was trying to find a kernel, that has build-in support for the ppp_async. I tried some different Sense-based and AOSP ROMs, but none of them worked. The DUN plugin always stayed in Idle-Mode. So I set up a build environment and compiled the kernel by myself (Andromadus 3.0.57). According to the config file, it already had build-in ppp_async support... but nevermind. I changed the kernel config from "*" to "M" to create the module as .ko file. All this worked fine.
After flashing the kernel, I tested whether the module is loadable by using "insmod /system/lib/modules/ppp_async.ko". It took me some builds to make it loadable, because I had the same issues with vermagic as described in another post here.
After a reboot I tried to connect to my RNS510 Premium in the car, using DUN options "Use kernel module" and "Auto connect". RSAP connection was established fine after some seconds. Then DUN status says "Connecting..." and after a few more seconds, it switches to "Error". I tried to open the browser but I don't have a connection. Also the network stats stay empty.
I checked also the log files, but to tell the truth: I don't have any clue where to look at to find out what is going wrong. I'd be very happy, if you could have a look at it. I can provide you my logcat file by email. To your admin-adress from here? Thank you!

Post by admin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Yes, admin at android-rsap dot com.

Next

Return to DUN Modem Plugin