It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:16 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung S III I930 with Android 4.3 fails to pair

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

Samsung S III I930 with Android 4.3 fails to pair

Post by rsoares1 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:35 am

I had my S III, not rooted, running Android 4.1 and pairing nicely with my VW Passat with Premium Bluetooth from 2007. In order to syncronize contacts I had a licence of Bluetooth Phonebook.

Two months ago, after the upgrade to Android 4.3, the pairing failed. The first two times that I tried to pair again, it did work, and while I had the car turned on, I could even make calls and look for contacts. However, once the car was turned off, next time I started it, the pairing was failing. As mentioned, it worked for two times. After that it never worked again. Trying to resolve this matter I already did the following :

1) Uninstalled and upgraded the Bluetooth Phonebook application (I saw posts regarding different stacks between 4.1 and 4.3) - It did not worked

2) Used a Nokia phone to pair with the car system and erased my previous Samsung S III profile. I only have at this moment a profile on the car - this last Nokia profile - so I do not have the problem of having already 3 profiles in memory at car Bluetooth system.

3) Uninstall Bluetooth Phonebook application, restart the phone and try to pair. In the past it would pair with the 4.1, but I could not sync the contacts

4) Did a factory reset of the phone - did not work either

5) Erased all SMS on the SIM. I just have 2 Contacts on the SIM that are from the service provider - voice mail and customer support line. Still does not work.

What more can I do? Anyone has an idea of what can be going wrong. I have the Bluetooth Phonebook log if it may help.

It seems that the phone has, somewhere, some files or data of the previous r-sap under android 4.1. Is there any way to make sure that old configuration data is erased? If so, should I root the phone?

Best regards,
RS

Re: Samsung S III I930 with Android 4.3 fails to pair

Post by admin » Fri May 16, 2014 12:54 pm

It is hard to find out what goes wrong on your phone. A HCI log would help, but you need root to create one. And if you know what goes wrong it doesn't mean you are able to fix it. You may either hope for one more update from Samsung, or go back to the previous working version. Or you may root your phone and try my app. But maybe it is also affected by the problem.

You cannot do more than a factory reset to remove all data stored with a paired device. Usually it is sufficient to simply remove the device from the phone's list in Bluetooth settings.

Post by reynsen » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi,

i also have the problem that my I9300 won´t connect with my car. I have to say, that I just bought the car and I already had Android 4.3 on the phone, so I don´t know whether it would have connected with an older Android version. I rooted my phone (i9300XXUGNA5) and installed your "rSAP installation App 2.5", the "rSAP (Trial)" and the "Bloetooth Phonebook (Trial)". I deleted all Bluetooth connections from the car and the Phone, but it doesn´t work. When i look for devices using the car, it does not show the phone and the other way round. They just don´t find each other. I have no idea, can you please tell me what I´m doing wrong?

PS: My car is a Skoda Superb with a "N0 035 730 A" module.

Post by reynsen » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Tried again... Without success. I removed all your apps and tried but the car does not show the mobile and the mobile does not show the car... So I reinstalled the three apps again - same result. Please tell me what else I can try.

Greets

Post by reynsen » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Found the mistake on my own... The phone was invisible ...

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300