S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
GsmProf

Re: S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Post by GsmProf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 am

U can flash the discribed firmware without any problems, it contains german language. If the german package will be avaible, u can flash this also without any problems and loosing any personal data with odin. It´s not needed anymore to use the app

regards

dft601

Post by dft601 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

admin wrote:You have to wait until XXBLFB (or similar) is available in Germany. Of course you can use my app until then ;)
Can I use your app furthermore ?

I don´t think I can make a modem connection with Samsung Rsap ?
Have not tried yet, just wondered what my S3 wanted to know from me this morning... (flashed new firmware this weekend)

Or can I use Samsung RSAP and your modem plugin anyhow ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:04 pm

No, the plugins only work with my app - that's my competitive advantage :D

If you want to disable the built-in rSAP you can do so by renaming /system/lib/bluez-plugin/sap.so with Root Explorer or similar tool. After a reboot you can install my app again.

Sternwanderer

Post by Sternwanderer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 pm

bei mir funktioniert die englische Firmware I9300XXBLFB (einfach auf deutsch umstellen) auch hervorragend.
Das S3 schaltet das eigene rSAP erst ein nachdem es das RNS 510 erkannt hat. Einstellmöglichkeiten gibt es keine.

Lutze

Post by Lutze » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi,

today I had flashed my S3 to XXBLFB but no rsap is included. I use a VW Touran FSE Premium. The Car was build in April 2011. Anyone an idea?

Greets Lutz

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Make sure my rSAP app is not installed. This may cause problems.

hickup

Post by hickup » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:40 am

Gents,

I've managed to upgrade my Galaxy SIII Slovenian localization 4.0.4 with XXBLFB international patch and darn thing really works now :). RSAP connection by definition - as it used to work on my Nokia E7-00 (RNS 315 with Premium - VW Passat 2011).

Though I was a bit on my toes due to upgrade failure and my phone just stood there and did not do much. I followed cook book and repeated step 10 (after battery-out, battery-in "reboot") and it finally went through all the upgrade procedures...

Please find respective link and good luck!
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/i9300xxbl ... -s3-guide/.

All the best,
Samo

tom.hartley

Post by tom.hartley » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm excited about getting rSAP going on my S3 for my Audi as I seem to have poor connectivity from the phone in my pocket and there's a nice amplified wired phone kit it in my 2007 A8 I _could_ use if I can get rSAP working

I've just upgraded to the latest firmware here in the UK 'PDA:LFB / PHONE:LFB / CSC:LFB (BTU)' from LF6 using Kies, which seems to be the version others are talking about. I can't find any mention of rSAP in any menus though ..

Q: Where does rSAP show up in the Settings menu (so I can check I've got an rSAP ready version)

tom

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:28 pm

It does not show up anywhere because there are no settings. Only when you connect to an rSAP capable device you get the permission dialog once and the notification icon while the connection is active.

tom.hartley

Post by tom.hartley » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:25 pm

admin wrote:It does not show up anywhere because there are no settings. Only when you connect to an rSAP capable device you get the permission dialog once and the notification icon while the connection is active.
Do I need to upair and re-pair it then? I'm assuming the permission dialog is on the S3 - I haven't seen anything, sadly :(

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”