S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
admin
Site Admin

Re: S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Post by admin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:40 pm

If you had the phone paired without rSAP profile before, it is a good idea to remove and repeat the pairing. Perhaps you can switch the mode in the car somewhere?

BTW: For the S3 you will need a SAP adapter, as far as I know, like this: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=432&start=10#p2315

Andyman10

Post by Andyman10 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 pm

tom.hartley wrote:
admin wrote:It does not show up anywhere because there are no settings. Only when you connect to an rSAP capable device you get the permission dialog once and the notification icon while the connection is active.
Do I need to upair and re-pair it then? I'm assuming the permission dialog is on the S3 - I haven't seen anything, sadly :(
I certainly needed to unpair my S3, delete the device from the RNS-E bluetooth device list and restart the process when it failed the first time. I also found that it connected better if the search was initiated from the RNS unit. There aren't any settings for rSAP on the Galaxy S3 but when it gets an rSAP request you'll see a pop-up that asks for permission. You'll also know if RSAP has been detected because the pin number the RNS gives you will be a 16 digit one, not the 4 digit for HFP.
Phone book transfer takes a while on the first connection if you have a lot of entries but hey, it works!

Good old Samsung, I really thought they'd dumped premium car kit owners in it when the first GS3 firmware versions didn't support rSAP but it works a treat now.

bakooijm

Post by bakooijm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 am

Hi All,

I can confirm that the Galaxy S3 is now indeed supporting rSAP more or less out-of-the-box (I had to run an update) when the build IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB is installed. It works perfect with my 2010 Volkswagen Golf 6 integrated carkit and RCD 310 radio. It synchronized my contacts perfectly which in turn are synchronized with GMail in my case.

Regards,

Bart.

rayoming

Post by rayoming » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:00 am

Hello All,

I have flashed my SGSIII to the lastest firmware and finally a got pairing my device to my 2009 Passa CC.

My problem comes at the time I have to sync my contacts.

I can leavve for minutes and the screen shows : "Loading phonebook. 0 entries"

I have my contacts on the sim and my phone aswell.

I have checked that at the moment the telephne pairs, contacts on the SIM disappear from my phonebook.

My phone is not rooted.

Any help, please??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Did you allow phone book access on the phone?

Andromedar

Post by Andromedar » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Hello all,

yesterday I got a update for my S3 to IMM76D.I9300XXBLG8 and now it works perfectly via rSAP with my 2008 VW Tiguan. Also the phonebook can be transferred. Great! :-)

Regards,
Andromedar

tom.hartley

Post by tom.hartley » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Andyman10 wrote:
tom.hartley wrote:
admin wrote:It does not show up anywhere because there are no settings. Only when you connect to an rSAP capable device you get the permission dialog once and the notification icon while the connection is active.
Do I need to upair and re-pair it then? I'm assuming the permission dialog is on the S3 - I haven't seen anything, sadly :(
I certainly needed to unpair my S3, delete the device from the RNS-E bluetooth device list and restart the process when it failed the first time. ... There aren't any settings for rSAP on the Galaxy S3 but when it gets an rSAP request you'll see a pop-up that asks for permission. You'll also know if RSAP has been detected because the pin number the RNS gives you will be a 16 digit one, not the 4 digit for HFP.
Thanks - I tried that and it worked! My S3 asked for 16 digits and then asked for permission to access the SIM (with a remember-me tickbox). Phone now whistles in recognition every time I drive somewhere (note to self: find where to switch that off as it probably won't continue to bring a smile to my face for ever :) )
Andyman10 wrote:Phone book transfer takes a while on the first connection if you have a lot of entries but hey, it works!
I've not gone on long enough journeys perhaps. I have a reasonably sized 585 entries to suck down, many of which have multiple contact details. Couldn't find any way to manually push (or pull) them so I guess I'll just have to wait for it. I'm assuming it'll retry if it didn't manage the first time

rSAP rocks - what was one bar from the phone becomes 4 bar on the car's amplified antenna :)

rayoming

Post by rayoming » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:51 pm

@admin

Idon´t receive the popup asking me for permission... :?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:29 am

I don't know why that happens. Usually it helps to remove the pairing from the phone and repeat the pairing.

Maybe the Bluetooth.apk is not startet automatically after boot. I had that recently on my Galaxy Nexus. The car told me that phonebook transfer failed. Try to stop/start Bluetooth and then retry connection with the car.

v_panos

Post by v_panos » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Is there any guide how can I update my
Firmware?! It's my first android so I dont know
How to do it...

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”